News Details

Ecclestone wants Melbourne race for '50 years'

SYDNEY, Feb 26, 2013 (AFP) - Formula One ringmaster Bernie Ecclestone said Tuesday he would happily sign a contract for Melbourne to host the Grand Prix for 50 years, declaring "everybody loves Australia". The sport has a contract with Melbourne until 2015 but beyond that it is up in the air, and other cities have expressed interest in snapping up the event which Ecclestone has previously said is the "least viable" on the F1 calendar. Ecclestone said he hoped to travel to Melbourne for the season-opening 2013 race on March 17, in a year in which negotiations on a new contract are set to begin. "Everybody loves Australia, loves Australian people and it's good...
Full Story »
1y ago from F1Plus.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Ecclestone wants Melbourne race for '50 years'

Formula One ringmaster Bernie Ecclestone said on Tuesday he would...
1y ago from SuperSport.com

Renault reveals first image of 2014 engine

Renault Sport F1 has revealed the first image of its new 1.6 litre...
1y ago from TheF1Times.com

DTM deal does not materialise for Kubica

"true">Robert Kubica will not contest the upcoming DTM...
1y ago from GPUpdate.net

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.