News Details

Ecclestone no longer in race for Nurburgring

Bernie Ecclestone is no longer a serious candidate to buy the embattled Nurburgring. The F1 chief executive revealed last month that he has made a bid for the fabled German grand prix venue, amid its financial problems. "We want to make sure there is a formula one race in Germany every year in the future," said Ecclestone. The 83-year-old Briton said at the time that there are "one or two other interested parties", and the Rhein newspaper now claims they are entities from Dusseldorf and the US, and a private equity firm. Correspondent Dietmar Bruck said the parties all have until Monday to submit their final proposals, with Ecclestone apparently no longer in the running....
Full Story »
2mo ago from GrandPrix.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Ecclestone no longer in race to save Nurburgring

Ecclestone no longer in race to save Nurburgring 17 February, 2014...
2mo ago from GrandPrix247.com

Ecclestone pulls back from Nurburgring bid

Bernie Ecclestone appears to have retracted his interest in buying the...
2mo ago from Crash.net

Ecclestone hopeful of being cleared

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone expects bribery charges against him to...
2mo ago from BBC.co.uk

Horner ends speculation over Ecclestone succession

Horner ends speculation over Ecclestone succession 14 February, 2014...
2mo ago from GrandPrix247.com

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.