News Details

Silverstone writes to PM about circuit

British Formula One Grand Prix hosts Silverstone have asked Prime Minister David Cameron to confirm that a proposed new circuit in South Wales will not receive government financial support. Silverstone Circuits Limited, whose own track risks losing the British MotoGP round to the Welsh newcomer, said in a statement on Monday that they had sought clarification over how the Circuit of Wales in Ebbw Vale would be funded. The BBC reported last week that developers behind the proposed £280 million venture wanted government in Wales and Britain to commit up to £50 million towards it. The Heads of the Valleys Development Company has said it hopes to create 6 000 jobs. Others have criticised...
Full Story »
8mo ago from SuperSport.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Silverstone nonplussed with Circuit of Wales cash...

Have you been keeping an eye on the proposed new Circuit of Wales near...
8mo ago from Formula1Blog.com

Silverstone calls on PM to stop Circuit of Wales...

Silverstone believes the 'illegal' funding would have a detrimental...
8mo ago from espnF1.com

Hamilton has not proposed to Pussycat Doll

Lewis Hamilton and Nicole Scherzinger in Rome The Lewis Hamilton and...
9mo ago from GrandPrix247.com

Malaysian Grand Prix: Caterham preview Sepang weekend

Malaysian Grand Prix: Caterham preview Sepang weekend 22 March, 2014...
8mo ago from GrandPrix247.com

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.