News Details

Brazil's crumbling Interlagos gets $73m facelift

SAO PAULO, April 11, 2014 (AFP) - The famed but crumbling Interlagos motor-racing track will get a $73 million (52.6m euros) facelift so that the Brazilian Grand Prix can be saved, organisers and Sao Paulo officials said Friday. Last year, F1's commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone said the race could be scrapped if the 74-year-old circuit wasn't upgraded to keep the grand prix in the city until 2020. The money will be spent on resurfacing the track, building new stands as well as improving the surrounds of Interlagos after teams complained of cramped conditions. The track will close on July 15 and reopen at the start of October, a month before the...
Full Story »
6mo ago from F1Plus.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

F1 has agreed to two new teams - Ecclestone

Formula One has agreed to accept two new teams, including a US entry...
6mo ago from SuperSport.com

Ecclestone: I don't think the way things are at the...

Ecclestone: I don't think the way things are at the moment in F1 are...
6mo ago from GrandPrix247.com

Ecclestone suggests a super GP2 might be the way...

Ecclestone suggests a super GP2 might be the way forward 8 April, 2014...
6mo ago from GrandPrix247.com

Ecclestone reveals a group of teams seeking to buy...

Bernie Ecclestone Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone on Wednesday...
6mo ago from GrandPrix247.com

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.