News Details

Sao Paulo says it will keep F1 at least until 2020

Sao Paulo officials say the city has signed a deal to continue hosting Formula One's Brazilian Grand Prix until at least 2020. The city said the contract was signed Friday with representatives of auto racing's world governing body FIA and race promoters. It said the deal can be extended for another five years. Sao Paulo's contract with F1 was set to end this year. Although Interlagos is a popular track for drivers, teams had been complaining that it was too outdated. Officials said more than $70 million will be spent to fully renovate the track before next year's Brazilian GP. This year's race is Nov. 9. Among the requests made by F1 officials is an entirely new area for the pits and...
Full Story »
6mo ago from F1Pulse.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

FIA grants Formula One entry to Haas

Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, confirmed on Friday...
6mo ago from Formula1.com

U.S. team among two new entrants set for F1 in 2015

Formula One commercial chief Bernie Ecclestone says a U.S. backed team...
6mo ago from F1Pulse.com

Formula 1 cost cap plan scrapped, but was it ever on?

Plans for Formula 1 to introduce a cost cap from 2015 onwards have been...
6mo ago from RichlandF1.com

Horner sure Red Bull has a strong case

Red Bull/Getty Images Red Bull team principal Christian Horner believes...
6mo ago from F1Zone.net

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.