News Details

Senna's family 'didn't expect the worst'

Watching on TV, Ayrton Senna's family expected him to walk away from the San Marino crash that claimed his life, according to his nephew Bruno. Next Thursday, 1 May, will be 20 years since the Formula 1 legend tragically lost his life when he crashed while leading the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix. It was a dark weekend in F1 history as earlier Roland Ratzenberger had been killed when the front wing of his car broke during qualifying, sending him into the wall. Despite the sadness in the paddock, the drivers opted to race on Sunday. Senna was leading when, on lap seven, his Williams left the track and he hit the wall at high speed. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. Speaking about that...
Full Story »
3mo ago from PlanetF1.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Hamilton can't remember being happier than now

Lewis Hamilton says he's the happiest he's been in a long time after he...
3mo ago from TheF1Times.com

Dennis remembers 'fun' with Senna

As the F1 fraternity prepares to mark 20 years since the deaths of Ayrton...
3mo ago from PlanetF1.com

Whitmarsh set for $10m McLaren payout

Ousted boss Martin Whitmarsh could walk away from McLaren with a $10...
3mo ago from GrandPrix.com

Father Jan at races distracting says Magnussen

Father Jan at races distracting says Magnussen 20 April, 2014 It seems...
3mo ago from GrandPrix247.com

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.