News Details

Bahrain court sentences 5 in alleged F1 bomb plot

A Bahraini defence lawyer says a criminal court in the Gulf kingdom has convicted and sentenced five people to five years in prison each on terrorism charges over what authorities say was an attempt to bomb last year's Formula One race. Attorney Entesar al-Asfoor says female activists Nafisa al-Asfoor and Rayhana al-Musawi were convicted on Tuesday, along with three male accomplices in connection with the case. No explosives were detonated at the 2013 race. The Bahrain Grand Prix is the island nation's premier international event. The country, host to the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet, has faced more than three years of unrest following an uprising dominated by the Shiite majority calling for...
Full Story »
5mo ago from F1Pulse.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Five sentenced over plot to bomb Bahrain GP

Bahrain has sentenced five nationals to five years in prison for an...
5mo ago from TheF1Times.com

Bahrain jails five for plotting to bomb 2013 F1 race

Bahrain jails five for plotting to bomb 2013 F1 race 30 April, 2014 Five...
5mo ago from GrandPrix247.com

Five jailed for Bahrain GP 'bomb plot'

Five people, including two women, have been jailed for allegedly plotting...
5mo ago from Pitpass.com

Ecclestone: It feels as though the vultures are...

Bernie Ecclestone arrives in Munich for his trial Troubles continue to...
5mo ago from GrandPrix247.com

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

Hottest News

Recent News

2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.