News Details

Ecclestone pours cold water on French GP rumours

Bernie Ecclestone has said that the French Grand Prix will not be returning to the Formula 1 calendar next season, contrary to recent reports. Last week, Serge Saulnier, chairman of the Magny-Cours circuit, explained how he was pushing for the venue to host F1 next season, having last appeared on the calendar in 2008. 'We are still in negotiations with FOM,' he said. 'We are a candidate for a date in 2015, but for the moment nothing is signed.' Ecclestone confirmed that there had been discussions about the return of the French Grand Prix at Magny-Cours, but that it was not going to happen. 'They are knocking on the door, but I don't think we can do that,' he is quoted as saying...
Full Story »
5mo ago from RichlandF1.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Magny Cours set for return to F1 calendar

Magny Cours is on track to return to the Formula 1 calendar as of next...
5mo ago from GrandPrix247.com

French GP at Magny-Cours set for 2015 return

The French Grand Prix could be set for a return as early as 2015 according...
5mo ago from TheF1Times.com

The Week in Words (May 19-25)

It has been a busy week for the Formula 1 world, with the sport returning...
5mo ago from RichlandF1.com

Lauda rules out replacing Ecclestone

Niki Lauda with Bernie Ecclestone Niki Lauda on ruled out suggestions he...
5mo ago from GrandPrix247.com

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.