Hockenheim's F1 future is up in the air.
The circuit has a contract with Bernie Ecclestone until 2018, whereby it annually alternates the German grand prix with the Nurburgring.
But F1 supremo Ecclestone and the Nurburgring on Tuesday announced they are close to agreeing a new deal to stage the German grand prix every year between 2015 and 2019 at the Nurburgring.
Hockenheim is furious.
"We have a contract, and it has no exit clause," Hockenheim chief Georg Seiler told the Mannheimer Morgen newspaper.
"The fact is that we will have a grand prix at Hockenheim in 2016 and 2018. Everything else is speculation."
However, Ecclestone said earlier that Hockenheim's contract is...
Full Story »