News Details

Ecclestone against standing starts

NF1 Enlarge Bernie Ecclestone has called for standing starts after safety cars to be dropped for 2015, just one month after they were confirmed in next year's regulations by the FIA. In order to spice up the show, the FIA agreed to a suggestion that the cars should start from the grid after each safety car period. The rule has been met with a mixed response from drivers but, according to FIA race director Charlie Whiting, had strong backing from the teams. However, Ecclestone has now called for the rule to be dropped, saying the rolling starts in Sunday's dramatic Hungarian Grand Prix were "good enough". "There'll be no standing starts after safety cars," he told Auto...
Full Story »
1mo ago from espnF1.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Ecclestone says F1 to scrap 2015 grid restarts

Bernie Ecclestone says F1 will abandon its highly controversial plan for...
1mo ago from GrandPrix.com

Ecclestone promises no standing restarts in 2015

Bernie Ecclestone has promised to scrap standing restarts following safety...
1mo ago from TheF1Times.com

Mexico will return in 2015 confirms Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone has confirmed that the 2015 calendar will feature the...
1mo ago from TheF1Times.com

Mexico signs five-year contract to host F1 race

We reported earlier this week that the Mexican Grand Prix will return to...
1mo ago from TheF1Times.com

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.