News Details

Melbourne extends Aussie GP deal

The Albert Park circuit will continue to host the Australian GP until 2020 after the Victorian government signed a new deal. Next season is the last on Australia's current contract and there had been speculation over whether a new deal would be on the cards due to finances. However, after agreeing a deal that would reduce the taxpayer subsidy, State Premier Denis Napthine announced on Sunday that Melbourne would continue to host the Australian GP through to 2020. "This is a terrific announcement that reaffirms Melbourne and Victoria as the sporting and events capital of the world," he told 3AW radio station. "We've secured another five-year deal for the grand prix and we've...
Full Story »
1mo ago from PlanetF1.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Caterham wants first F1 team to host trackside IT...

Caterham wants first F1 team to host trackside IT infrastructure in...
1mo ago from ThisIsF1.com

Ecclestone defence seeks deal to end bribery trial

Prosecutors and lawyers for Bernie Ecclestone are in talks about a...
1mo ago from F1Pulse.com

Melbourne secures F1 GP through 2020

The Victorian government has secured a five-year extension to its current...
1mo ago from SpeedCafe.com

Mexico to host double points finalé in 2015?

Mexican FIA vice-president Jose Abed has said that the Mexican Grand Prix...
1mo ago from RichlandF1.com

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.