News Details

Australian GP extended to 2020

The Australian Formula One Grand Prix will stay in Melbourne until 2020, the Victorian state government said on Sunday, after the conclusion of 12 months of negotiations in London. Victorian Premier Denis Napthine hailed the extension of the race from 2016 to 2020, and said he looked forward to Australian Daniel Ricciardo of Red Bull winning the Albert Park race during that time. He said the new contract was agreed to last week after a year of negotiations in London. "This is a terrific announcement that reaffirms Melbourne and Victoria as the major events and sporting capital of the world," Napthine told Fairfax Radio. The GP is funded by the Victorian state government, and has...
Full Story »
3mo ago from SuperSport.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Melbourne extends Aussie GP deal

The Albert Park circuit will continue to host the Australian GP until...
3mo ago from PlanetF1.com

Melbourne secures F1 GP through 2020

The Victorian government has secured a five-year extension to its current...
3mo ago from SpeedCafe.com

Ricciardo wins dramatic Hungarian GP

Australian Daniel Ricciardo won the Hungarian Formula One Grand Prix for...
3mo ago from SuperSport.com

The First Time - with McLaren's Kevin Magnussen

Kevin Magnussen has racked up plenty of firsts over the past 12 months -...
3mo ago from Formula1.com

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.