2008 Season - France
Anyways, welcome to the French GP! The most exciting F1 race nowadays...among those being held at France *ahem*!
Do you recall anything about that race? Anything at all? Me neither. It is because it was JUST SO DAMN BORING IT HURTS WATCHING THE 2 MINUTE REVIEW OF THE FRIGGIN' RACE!!!
Sorry, let's get on with it.
Qualy: yes. Hamilton 3rd fastest, demoted due to the penalty to 13th. Some people said it was too harsh. Actually, it wouldn't have been so harsh if it weren't that he made fun of his father for crashing his Porsche on friday. Poetic justice. Anyways, that meant that 3 stopper Nando got 3rd place, mwahaha, aren't they machiavelic at Renault? No, they aren't.
Kimi 1st, for a change and Massa 2nd. Trulli 4th, Kubica 5th...awww come on! It's always the same! You should know the starting grid already!
Race: Kimi has a great start, so does Massa...and Trulli...and Kubica...Alonso has a Piquet moment and takes ages to actually start moving forward...there goes the 3 stopper strategy. He can overtake Kubica before the end of first lap, anyways. Not that it is of much help by now.
Then there come 70 laps of...nothing.
- Hamilton overtakes Vettel...by cutting the chicane. Drive through for him and lots of whining. Overtaking move of the race: Lewis passes Heikki!
- Webber spins and Alonso overtakes him for who knows which place down the field. Yay!
- Heikki almost crashes against Piquet while entering the pits (a pale imitation of Canada?). Piquet choses to return the favor by going to slow at the pits exit and almost making Heikki crash against him. Piquet loses the place his pit crew made him win...
- This one was actually good: Heikki charges against Trulli, a brief wheel to wheel clash. He pushes to hard and Trulli gets to keep his place.
- Alonso tries to overtake Webber again(due to his 3 stopper strategy, remember?) for 7th, but he ****s up at the hairpin and Piquet overtakes him...oh dear...
- Kimi's exhaust pipe gets loose and he has to slow down...Massa overtakes him in a move as exciting as Lewis vs Heikki or Piquet vs Nando (well...actually that last one wasn't intended to be like that)
It is finally over. Massa first, Kimi 2nd and a Trulli on great form takes 3rd and first podium for Toyota in over 2 years. Piquet finally gets some points for Renault.
Please promise me you will never make me watch that race again!