Apexhead's Rapid Fire Thoughts On Qualifying For The Chinese Grand Prix
F1 Formula 1 Formula One Chinese GP Preview
- Rosberg, Schumacher, Kobayashi. Yeah, I figured that would be the starting three. No really, I did.
- Sauber’s pace is real. Kobayashi qualifying 4th (technically 3rd, but Hamilton’s grid penalty moves him up) is impressive. Sergio 8th. McLaren, Red Bull, Mercedes — they are on notice.
- Speaking of Mercedes, do I think the 1-2 will hold for race day? Absolutely not. Brawn’s boys are still having all kinds of tire problems and I suspect it will show once again on Sunday.
- Massa starting 12th is actually an improvement, being the sad state that is Ferrari.
- What the heck happened to Jean-Eric Vergne? The impressive Toro Rosso driver was knocked out in Q1, a disappointing 18th.
- How the mighty have fallen — while Webber qualified a marginal 6th, his previous-dominant teammate Vettel was ousted by a late hot lapping Romaine Grojean in the Lotus in Q2, relegating Seb to 11th.
Can’t wait for the lights to go out in Shanghai!