Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Adios Stefano...

So Luca has finally showed a pair and asked Stefano to leave. Marco Mattiacci, the President and CEO of the marque's North American arm is his temporary replacement. Has anyone heard of Marco before? Does he have any motorsport experience?

Fingers crossed Luca has a surprise in store for us, and Brawn is announced later in the year as the new TP of Ferrari. I still don't think he's done with F1, despite him saying he's now retired.

I just read an interview with him from a year ago, and it doesnt look like he has any motorsport experience - but plenty of senior management experience. Worked for Jaguar for several years before becoming CEO of Ferrari's north america 'arm' in 2010. Can't see any evidence that he knows anything about motorsport, but perhaps Ferrari want someone to come in and create a more efficient structure rather than bring someone in who's a passionate racer

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Marco? Never heard of him? Brawn? I doubt he si coming back. Briatore? Nah, too controversial.

Enter Andrea Sassetti: http://en.wikipedia....da_(Formula_One)

A shoe designer who had a failed attempt at f1-team-ownership 22 years ago??

The comment was made in jest, of course.

"Come, Stefano, we are taking you to a happier place now"

post-1794-0-60481100-1397478793_thumb.jp

I don't think Lord Hesketh is up to much these days. Would be good (and entertaining for us all) for 'the show' if he were to resume team-principal duties but this time at Ferrari

It's Brawn or bust. Heck just get him on in an advisory role.

But I both expect and fear Luca will promote someone from within, or hire some Italian guy few have ever heard of.

Ferrari need someone big to fill this role. They don't need the role filled just to fill it. Stefano was no mug, he just wasn't able to get the team moving forward in an upward curve.j

It's not going to be Whitmasrh and sure as heck won't be Flavio. Unless Horner jumps ship, it won't be him either. I simply has to be Brawn if Ferrari are really that serious in making some improvements. Brawn wanted the role after Todt, but the circumstances might always remain unknown to us. These F1 guys can't stay away from the sport, just look at Ron. I don't know, maybe Brawn really does mean it, but I still think we'll see him back in F1 in some capacity. An FIA role perhaps, with Honda perhaps, but I think Ferrari could if done the right way bring him back into F1. It's not as though he's going to be worse than Stefano now is it.

Brawn to the rescue in 2015

I'm the best !

Inside Line: Ferrari pave the way for the return of Ross Brawn to Maranello

14 April, 2014

02FRA127-640x420.jpg

Stefano Domenicali finally relinquished his post as team principal of Ferrari, for many the decision was long ovedue and although he resigned the post the truth is he was sent packing but given the diginified option of resignation – arrivederci Stefano, bygones are bygones let’s move forward…

Formula 1′s most famous team is desperate for stout leadership and there is only one man on the planet capable of fulfilling the requirement – Ross Brawn – and word is that F1 unknown Marco Mattiacci is only in the post for a stop gap measure while Brawn finishes his fishing adventures.

Mattiacci, president and CEO of Ferrari North America, is simply underqualified and totally inexperienced for the role, thus obviously a temporary measure.

The final decision to oust Domencali would have been made during the Bahrain Grand Prix weekend where Luca di Montezemolo made a dramatic appearance at the event, leaving the race in disgust long before the finish. He also had some not so secret meetings with Fernando Alonso in the latter’s hotel room.

Read more http://grandprix247.com/2014/04/14/inside-line-ferrari-pave-the-way-for-the-return-of-ross-brawn-to-maranello/

Brawn is the obvious choice... but for all the wrong reasons (even if these are the very essence of F1 today).

Brawn, Whitmarsh and Bell are all available. However, I wonder if Newey would be interested at a TP role? Sadly, as long as LDM puts nation pride above all else - I don't have high expectations for Ferrari in the near future. Still, on the plus side - these shenanigans and all the moaning about their power train is distracting nicely from yet another dreadful chassis they have produced again!

I heard it was fernando who want stefano gone, now if that's the case, does fernando still have all the pull at Ferrari? If so, we can guess who's basket they put there eggs into.

I heard it was fernando who want stefano gone, now if that's the case, does fernando still have all the pull at Ferrari? If so, we can guess who's basket they put there eggs into.

I wish I could believe this. Kimi has let me down somewhat. It's just the beginning of the season, a new team for him, driving a fvcking lemon... but, still, I keep hoping Kimi will upset Alonso.

Highly doubt it, not now, kimi might rattle of a nice win or two or maybe not but I certainly think alonso has got the better of him for this year already. Alonso is to consistant, you have to knock that before you stand a chance, even if the car is crap, he wrestles it into a decent points position neally every time. See kimi not only needs points but he needs to beat alonso if he wants another title at Ferrari and with what I've read about alonso pushing for stefanos exit, looks slim at this stage for kimi, in terms of a standing out number one status.

Where did you hear that?

Highly doubt it, not now, kimi might rattle of a nice win or two or maybe not but I certainly think alonso has got the better of him for this year already. Alonso is to consistant, you have to knock that before you stand a chance, even if the car is crap, he wrestles it into a decent points position neally every time. See kimi not only needs points but he needs to beat alonso if he wants another title at Ferrari and with what I've read about alonso pushing for stefanos exit, looks slim at this stage for kimi, in terms of a standing out number one status.

Kimi would be incredibly naive to think he'd get number 1 status at Ferrari, but I dont believe for a second that's what he's hoping for anyway. I dont think he cares who has what status, he just gets in and drives it. Last year Alonso and Kimi finished 1-2 in China, what a different a year makes!

I don't know, I've always thought mental games didnt affect kimi either but we have seen in the past he needs no time to adapt in terms of delivering in new equipment, so whats the go? Maybe he is feel a tad out of place, who knows.

The comments about Fernando pushing for SD's exit originated as follows:

1) Many articles speculating over Alonso's mounting frustration. (Whoch is obvious and understandable, as is Kimi's frustarion which is also mentioned but not as much)

2) The meeting between Luca and Alonso who is explained as the meeting in which Nando asked for Stefano's head, albeit it could be also the natural thing to do from Luca, given that he just witnessed how awful the Ferrari car is and that there are plenty of rumours about Nando leaving the scuderia.

3) The widespread belief in some circles that Alonso is God Almighty, F1's Master Puppeteer and has Luca so scared he will do anything to please the Great Fernando, even firing his trusted emplyee for 20 years to placate the beast. BTW, is the same Luca that "tweaked Nando's ear" publicly last year, risking his immortal soul, I guess. Alonso did it because he wants so badly another championship that he thinks the best thing to do is bring some unknown car salesman from America.

I don't think SD needed much help to resign given the present atmosphere at Maranello.

"Stefano is a great man, first of all, and I am a close friend of his - that is no secret. We still have a close relationship, we have been talking throughout the week, and that will continue because we have known each other for many years," said Alonso ahead of this weekend's Chinese GP.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9269112/fernando-alonso-breaks-silence-on-domenicali-exit-but-no-word-yet-on-mattiacci

Alonso has nowhere near the sway he once held in Ferrari. Seeing Luca publicly rebuke him last year was just the tip of the iceberg. Alonso may whinge all he likes, but Stefano leaving came down to two people in the end. Him, and Luca.

Alonso will only be at Ferrari next year if he can't secure a lucrative drive with Honda McLaren, along with Movistar and Santander. He'll of course spin the usual BS about how great Ferrari is, how proud he is to drive for them, and behind the scenes his manager will be walking the grid trying to find the best ride available. Santander money pushed out Kimi in the past, so many things we think are impossible or won't happen, could when enough money is being thrown around.

Man I can't Beleive what you have to do today in f1 to get a bad name, do people forget where this sport came from? If this type of attitude towards drivers was taken years ago, no one would like any of the drivers, just my opinion.

Competitions (I hesitate to classify racing as a sport, myself) are funny. Team principals/coaches/GMs...it's just a revolving door of the same guys. Stefano goes, and Stefano is immediately linked to a million other teams. Ferrari has an opening, and all the candidates the same old Brawns, Briatores, and Whitmarshes we discarded. I realize it's a very specialized role, but I never stop being amused that teams expect the same guys to do this until they are 102 and somehow be more effective in their organization than they were in the one from which they were fired.

So be it. I'd like to see someone new. Give me Jacques Villeneuve. ;)

Alonso did it because he wants so badly another championship that he thinks the best thing to do is bring some unknown car salesman from America.

:lol:

In that case,

is the guy. They can play that music on the podium at Monza instead of the Italian anthem.