Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Liuzzi Vs Schumacher Karting

Onboard with karting world champion and ex F1 driver Vitantonio Liuzzi, chasing 7x F1 champ Michael Schumacher, awesome short clip.

Onboard with karting world champion and ex F1 driver Vitantonio Liuzzi, chasing 7x F1 champ Michael Schumacher, awesome short clip.

Sheesh, I ferking miss karting.meh.png

Thanks for that WR, awesome clip. Thought Liuzzi's heartbeat was a tad unhealthy though wink.png

No worries mate, yeah I thought it was a fantastic clip, nothing better to show a drivers real ability than a good old fashioned kart race. That's why f1

Drivers still drive them quite frequently, the steering inputs required are very similar and feel quite the same as a formula one cars steering feel.

Tonio was always a great Kart racer, bit of a wasted talent, pretty sick track, where was the track at? It wasn't Eastern Creek lol

I've got no idea couldn't help you there.

No worries mate, yeah I thought it was a fantastic clip, nothing better to show a drivers real ability than a good old fashioned kart race. That's why f1

Drivers still drive them quite frequently, the steering inputs required are very similar and feel quite the same as a formula one cars steering feel.

Very true about the feel, especially for the 'heart' of karting (100cc for me, which grew up to 125cc later) - though when I tried 250cc I was surprised at the downforce from just a few bits of crude aero (which was allowed then) - only raced them twice, once at Silverstone and another at the Isle of Man. Not the race I was in at IoM, but a clip of the basic track here:

Had a play a few years ago in a F1 simulator - can't say whose;) Biggest shock was, as mentioned above, the sheer power of the downforce, brings a whole new element into the forces we like to play with!

Yeah I've seen that clip before, the speed is phenomenal and how close they get to each other and the curbs, unbeleivable skill.