Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Alonso Hinting Raikkonen Must Improve

I don't think Alonso is particularly good at car development, and now the Ferrari looks like a dog.

You serious? Where was Renault before he got the race seat? No where?

Hinting?

“We have only been able to count on one car again and we have to improve on that.”

I know what your saying but I had to title it like that or kimi fans get there knickers in a knot, claiming is an unreliable source and blah blah blah.

KIMI needs to retire....it is not just about Ferrari being a crapmobile anymore..Alonso is doing incredible in the same car

It is him...he cant seem to adopt to new technology...he is becoming the JaquesV very quickly..the one hit wonder who could never do anything

of value in the sport

KIMI needs to retire....it is not just about Ferrari being a crapmobile anymore..Alonso is doing incredible in the same car

It is him...he cant seem to adopt to new technology...he is becoming the JaquesV very quickly..the one hit wonder who could never do anything

of value in the sport

Kimi was incredibly quick when he came back, that impressed me big time, maintained solid ground in that crap lotus but since the sport has been turned on its head, he has struggled. Now IMO a great driver is someone who can adapt as quickly as possible to ANY situation while still maintaining competitiveness. Funny how the two most raved about drivers in formula one have struggled to do so.

On the car development thing, how would we know? If a team improves after signing a new driver, and the car is developed through the season, it is unlikely to be just the driver's doing, and if the driver is not good at car development, well there is telemetry, simulator, 7 post rigs, development drivers, I have said it before.

The only way I can see Alonso being bad for car development is that he makes the car look better than it is. In my opinion.

The F14T has problems for sure. That is all about engineering design and development and Ferrari do not seem to be doing a very good job. Blaming Alonso is one way of looking at it, but I would look closer at the engineering team.

As for Raikkonen, I am afraid I agree, he is doing no-one any favours hanging in there.

It is a sign of a great driver to be capable of driving anything and finding speed, somehow. Raikkonen seems to need the car just so. Vettel seems to need a rear end that is planted to the road, Alonso has it. So does Hamilton, I have to say. Pity he is such a show pony.

Yep well said indeed. There is three drivers out there that could drive anything quick and like you said Andy Alonso and Hamilton but Id have to say the third is our boy Ricciardo, he is so used to driving a car which likes to fight the driver so any little discrepancies the Redbull has, he finds away to adjust, better than seb. Yes seb does need a car with a glued rear end as they said the issue he is having is coming to terms with the car becoming light at the rear under downshifting. These three guys Alonso,Hamilton,Ricciardo could all switch cars each week and they would still be chasing each other around at the front.

I did not mention our lad, WebRic, because I think I have blown enough smoke up his exhaust pipe for one week!

He does have a lot of natural talent, which I think is what we are talking about.

He seems to drive the wheels of it to a certain point, then that's where he stays. Likes the new rubber.

Could say the same for Rosberg n Bottas as well, but yes, I do believe Kimis best days are over, but who will replace him though? That's the difficult question? I can't see Ferrari bringing in Bianchi, only because his been at the rear of the grid for 2 years now n his team-mate is not the next Jacques Villeneuve, Chilton is far from fast. N Hulkenberg has not blown Perez away like I was hoping he would have. N Williams have a faster car than Ferrari, so Bottas Won't be go anywhere, the only 1 I can think of is Vettel to be honest

Next jacques Villenenuve lol, as for hulk and Perez, Hulkenberg has smashed Perez so far, don't know what your watching? Lol

In the points battle yeah, but in terms of raw pace I don't think so, I think Perez is keeping up with the hulk, but he has been a bit more unlucky overall, but I like Nico, I do think he would make a great No.2 for Fernando

Perez at Ferrari? He has had some bad luck, but he has created some, too. I cannot see him in red, but I can see Bianchi in 2015 after Raikkonen does a, well a Raikkonen and bales out. Or is pushed.

I guess a lot depends on whether Alonso finally throws the teddy out of the cot and drives a Honda, I mean a McLaren, next year.

That's it, the whole entire market is waiting to see what Alonso does. Me personally I think Hulkenberg is a much better driver than Perez, I rate Kobayashi higher than Perez. He couldn't even beat a sub par Jenson Button last year. They say Perez is arrogant a fcuk. That's the main cause of him loosing his Mclaren seat apparently.

You serious? Where was Renault before he got the race seat? No where?

Being very ably led by Jenson of course tongue.png

Yep well said indeed. There is three drivers out there that could drive anything quick and like you said Andy Alonso and Hamilton but Id have to say the third is our boy Ricciardo,

He's having a great season but I can't see what you can back that up with. Alonso & Hamilton have driven ALL their cars very fast, including the bad ones. Dan at STR barely stood out at all IMO, other than that there's nothing to base it on? Just IMO. Again I appreciate he's having a brilliant 2014 & looks the real deal.

Sometimes need to bring you aussies down a peg loljump.gif

He often qualified in the top ten in car car that was absolute crap, he was wringing its neck the whole way round. Plus beating a more established teammate, who had more support being a European boy. Therefor I Beleive the technique he picked up wrestling the toro rosso is helping him today. That's the only thing I can say. The first time he ever drove a Redbull car I Beleive was at the Abu Dhabi test in 2010 and was 2 seconds faster than vettel's pole time two weeks earlier, running same race spec setup,fuel and such. I know different days make different circuits but gave us some indication of what might be. I honestly Beleive for once Australia has the real deal, I honestly think he will be champion one day.

In fairness you probably paid a lot more attention to Dan when he was at STR, so if you say he regularly beat JEV then I'll take your word for it!

F1's funny though, when Kimi was at mclaren he was f1's undisputed fastest driver, now look at him. He's still the same driver so how can it be explained??

All I can come up with is there not as good as we once thought they were. I never thought kimi was the fastest, never have. IMO Alonso has been the quickest and most consistantly quickest given the cars he had, since 2005/2006.

But Kimi's pace was awesome in all his mclaren years. He made DC look slow, he then consisently beat Montoya, who'd shown at Williams that he was world class. It's like an entirely different driver

I know what your saying he was bloody quick back them but IMO still not as quick as some suggest but that's just difference in opinion. It has to be they simply don't like these cars, he and seb. But I can't understand how drivers we hold much lower than them are doing better.

Kimi's problem is that he requires a strong front to the car, and the F14T has anything but. He should obviously be able to work around the issue, but a great deal of his speed comes from his ability to sense traction through the front end that lacking that feel, he loses a lot of his speed. This is also why he is so particular about his steering. I think Peter Windsor had a good piece on that a couple of years back when he was struggling with the steering, though I may misremember.