Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrisbaneAndy

Progress At Williams

I found this to be interesting. It feels like Williams are making progress, but are they?

If you look at the chart attached, it shows the progress being made by Williams and Red Bull. Ignoring Silverstone in the wet, Williams are making steady progress relative to Mercedes. Red Bull are making none. It is not a perfect basis for comparison, but interesting nonetheless.

http://bleacherrepor...ive-to-mercedes

post-4302-0-85081500-1406250631_thumb.pn

Intesting, but what circuits are these relevant to? Because Williams seems to only be up there on circuits with fast flowing corners and long straights due to the thump from the Mercedes engine. But at circuits like Monaco and Hungary this weekend they seem to struggle. I expect them to be a bit further back this weekend and so does Bottas, where Hungary will suit Redbull better due to the short quick corners requiring quick acceleration. So it's quite intresting indeed. I expect Williams to be real strong at monza and possibly Belgium aswell.

It relates to the first 9 races this season, actually qualifying sessions. You can see Massa's pole in Austria where the Williams line dips below Mercedes i.e. it was faster.

If anything, the gap between Mercedes and Red Bull is widening.