Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

And There At It Again

Latest brain fart these clowns have come up with is adding weight ballast to the winners car. So theoretically you win, they slow the car down by making it heavier. Where do they get this urge on having to copy others series, first with the basically push to pass button like champcar know as kers, dtm and other touring car series do it so they want to. Instead of looking to other sports and find out what makes them succesful and copy them, why not look for what made formula one what it was to begin with and go from there. Do they ever stop?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/495895/F1_considering_success_ballast_to_level_playing_field/

It's rediculous, it all started after Senna's tragic accident. Yeah iam in full support of safety changes and something had to be done. But now we have gone beyond that. We have gone to cater for the "outsiders" of the sport, to try and create a better spectical. I mean "outsiders" as in your average person flicking through channels and only stops to watch f1 because nothing else is on. That's the population there trying to convert. Not the population that live and breathe the sport, the ones who get up at all hours of the morning to watch it, the ones who travel to Grand Prix venues and watch these incredible drivers. When will they cater for us? Ask us or even the drivers for once. Bernie or the fia or whoever it is dont even consult drivers before making concrete decisions. Daniel Ricciardo said every single driver was against the standing restarts for next year, yet they lock it in. Wtf?

But honestly guys I ask you WHY bother with all this bulls##t trickery stuff like DRS , push to pass button, extra weight. etcetc. Todays race was bloody exciting right to the end with the mix of rain and with tyres that this year are becoming more predictable.

So if the extra weight thing was to have been in before this last race it would mean that Ricci would be slugged with a weight penalty whereas Rosberg and Hamilton would have , should have, been superior on race day and no doubt WILL be superoir over the next lot of races, so I ask you what chance would Ricci have of winning another race????

That's it, Mercedes are so dominant that the only way ricciardo will win again is if Merc hit trouble. That's how he has won both his races, but you have to still beat some tough competition out there. Alonso was bloody quick and Jenson was driving a blinder until the gamble of staying on inters didnt work. But that's the only way anyone else will win this year not just Ricciardo, Mercedes are just to quick. Even at Hungary where Redbull should have had a slight upper hand due to the superior downforce, but merc easily six tenths to a second quicker than anyone else. Still can't Beleive ferraris stuff up in qualy with kimi, what a joke, just as he was showing some genuine pace over the week end, still 6th was a pretty good effort. Couldn't Beleive the circuit, it was like spa, running up to the first chicane and its bone dry, coming into the first left right and it's soaking wet.

SOOOOO does this mean that F1 should adopt the V8 supoercar idea of a ONE BUILD chassis, with engines matched for output HP and areo matched for downforce ?

To me that is CONTROLLED racing at it's worst........... and now because Merc have the upper hand THIS year they want to artifically handicap them so that they come BACK to the rest. Has anyone noticed how slower this years cars are then last years, and the year before etc etc. UM it is motor racing, or it is supposed toi be motor racing, not a heap of cars punsing around a track making a spectator appeal !! and well without any motor noise that appeal would be limited.

I hate success ballast.

I am not keen on DRS, but success ballast is against the very principles of Formula 1.

I used to race yachts. Each week, the handicaps would be recalculated. Eventually, everybody got a win, but very few got two.

Why not just toss a coin at the beginning of the season and all stay home?

Some rules always make sense but there are so many already that the foremost rational thing to do to improve racing is to deregulate.

nah just toss a coin at the start of race heads you win tails you loose................. YAWN

Next rule will be, only allowed to pit when the FIA allows you to. They all draw a number out a hat and that's the lap you pit.

Next rule will be, only allowed to pit when the FIA allows you to. They all draw a number out a hat and that's the lap you pit.

Why stop with that? FIA will make it 2 drivers in one car per race - 28 laps each dam.gif

What trouble did Hamilton hit?

He started from the pit lane.

I think anyone in f1 will know exactly what reaction this would get from the fans. The same as our reaction to all the other ludicrous changes, a big resounding NO!

Crowds were sparse in Germany but Hungary and Silverstone were packed out. They should look into why Germans don't want to turn up, not make new rules.

I think anyone in f1 will know exactly what reaction this would get from the fans. The same as our reaction to all the other ludicrous changes, a big resounding NO!

Crowds were sparse in Germany but Hungary and Silverstone were packed out. They should look into why Germans don't want to turn up, not make new rules.

Word.

Next rule will be, only allowed to pit when the FIA allows you to.

Wasn't that rule basically in place a few years ago when drivers weren't allowed exit the pit lane under safety car regardless of where the SC was on the track? I remember Rubens being penalised for that at Catalunya a few years back. He came into the pits just as the SC was called out & he left the pits but was penalised for it.

Wasn't that rule basically in place a few years ago when drivers weren't allowed exit the pit lane under safety car regardless of where the SC was on the track? I remember Rubens being penalised for that at Catalunya a few years back. He came into the pits just as the SC was called out & he left the pits but was penalised for it.

Yeah your right, it's only been the last few years they've been allowed to put u see safety car so in a sense your right.

No the problem is, they look at Indy car,NASCAR,touring cars and see whats unique and making and entertaining series. Instead of going down the tradition road of formula one and treating it with utmost respect and keeping its integrety in tacked, they try and copy/mimick certain aspects of these particular sports. Iam like wtf, the first time I heard about kers I couldn't beleive it, still sorta can't and drs, they go against the heart and soul of what this very sport is about. Yes we have had some fantastic races and we do get used to the current specs and rules, but that's simply because that's all we have, I bet you ask every single diehard fan and all they want back, is pure racing being deregulated to a realistic level and do away with these artificial overtaking aids and return to a wider chassis. How bout a modern day version of the 1997 cars? Track safety today should be able to make this do able. They add these new "things" to rectify previous stuff ups. Instead of taking a step back and going another way about it, the just keep adding more and more to rectify previous stuff ups which have now come to a point that it could very well distroy the sport.

O yeah, true that.