Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Bernie Says: Think Before You Chose Flavio

2008: Ban Briatore for life

2014: Employ him as a promo man for F1.

Reminds me of FIFA in some way. Earlier on in the year they banned Barcelona from making transfers for the next two years for breaching transfer rules. A few months later the ban is suddenly lifted & they buy €143 million worth of players. Corruption is quite the bitch.

Flavio to head up F1's popularity group

http://www.f1times.c...s/display/09162

So many jokes, so little time....

You couldn't make it up could you? The teams and FIA are so far away from the simple answers it beggars belief.

Briatore: "Ow about a, we get a da team a mate, to crash into other carsa, then nobody predict the outa come a!"

Cool. Yeah, just the person.

Yeah, they can design a car as small as my penis my IQ a Mercedes Smart Car that goes as fast as an airplane and that even Massa Maldonado Kimi Mazzacane my old auntie can drive, yet they cannot come up with a simple set of stupid, easy rules for everyone without calling Flabba Flav.

Well, one thing is for sure, among all the cheating b#####ds around the sport, he is surely the most widely known as a cheating b#####d, so he knows something about popularity tongue.png

All I can say is, man that guy has put on weight, way to go about promoting healthy eating.

And why not. Briatore is the perfect choice when you want to scam someone. He's made a life out finagling the unsuspecting and, besides, it is not as if TV viewers are going to watch F1 for the motor-racing. Hell, even the fans have trouble finding any of it nowadays. Civilians don't stand a chance.

Oh, I miss the Flavio days. The real, authentic, pude F1 with noise, drivers smoking and drinking publicly, sex symbols, a pit girl each night... Now we have the green, no piluting F1 and it's still interesting... sometimes.

"Toto Wolff said the media would also be involved to canvas the fans opinion after some recent unpopular decisions."

Well thank god for that at least there's some ray of sunshine in a story which otherwise worries me, because whenever the powers-that-be get together and come up with ideas they're always ridiculous.

Someone must have kicked them in the head because now the concidering dropping the standing restarts for next season aswell.

Someone must have kicked them in the head because now the concidering dropping the standing restarts for next season aswell.

Ah the good news continues! Now we just need confirmation that the double points rule will be scrapped, ballast idea scrapped, and Pirelli are going to design tyres on which drivers can actually race hard.

Yep couldn't agree more, least with refuelling it adds another element and strategy into the race.

I say : Bernie should think before making more senseless rule changes in F1.

I also say : Bernie should think of retiring.

I agree, rule tinkering tends to spoil the show. Just my opinion, but tyre restrictions, no refuelling, pard ferme restrictions on tyres, the nose, fuel flow rate, the sound, DRS, testing bans, etc, etc all detract from the show. It is not all Ecclestone, though, much of it the FIA, although it could be argued that there is little difference.

Just to explain, I think DRS spoils overtaking. There is more of it, but it is predictable and requires little skill.

Bernie may not have the luxury of making that decision himself.

I agree, rule tinkering tends to spoil the show. Just my opinion, but tyre restrictions, no refuelling, pard ferme restrictions on tyres, the nose, fuel flow rate, the sound, DRS, testing bans, etc, etc all detract from the show. It is not all Ecclestone, though, much of it the FIA, although it could be argued that there is little difference.

Just to explain, I think DRS spoils overtaking. There is more of it, but it is predictable and requires little skill.

Bernie may not have the luxury of making that decision himself.

Totally agree on DRS.

It's fake overtaking and you know what's worst? After the driver ahead gets overtaken using DRS, he almost has zero chance in getting it back. Unlike normal overtaking where both drivers can fight for position back and forth.

DRS is THE WORST in F1 racing !

That is part of what I meant.

Same with tyres, use whatever compound and as many as you want.

Totally agree. That's what I thought was gonna happen when Pirelli announced the four dry compounds.

Yeah would have made sense Mika, surely they have to give something back to allow some flat out racing. How often do you hear drivers nowadays saying " I was right on the edge,limit, had nothing more to give" hardly ever.

Yeah would have made sense Mika, surely they have to give something back to allow some flat out racing. How often do you hear drivers nowadays saying " I was right on the edge,limit, had nothing more to give" hardly ever.

Call me Dan, unless you prefer Mika. And yeah I would have preferred all 4 compounds to be allowed in races. Would be an ideal situation if you came into the pits with damage in the last 3 laps & put on the super softs to crawl back the places. Pity Pirelli don't see it the same way.

Yeah shame indeed. Only time we see that nowadays is if there's been some rain or a safety car, not every Grand Prix like we used to. There was always someone on the move, now it's just a train of cars stuck behind 2nd or 3rd for 2hrs while 1st and 2nd streak away