Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrisbaneAndy

F1 Summer Break

I really posted this so you could see a photo of Ricciardo on his summer break, doing a bit of offroading. However, the following comment got my attention.

"Auto Motor und Sport reports that a Formula 1 popularity task force will be headed by Christian Horner, Toto Wolff, Luca di Montezemolo and Vijay Mallya."

I notice no Briattore and why those four characters? They would not be my pick. Horner, maybe. Wolff, no, he knows little about F1. Montezemolo, way too biassed. Mallya, I dunno what he could offer. Apart from Montezemolo, there is very little F1 experience in there.

Surely someone with more experience who has seen F1 be popular would add to the knowledge base?

​If I was trying to work out how to make the current F1 popular, I am not talking about bring back the V8's etc, I am talking about changes to the current format, I would be speaking to these guys:

1. Eddie Jordan;

2. Frank Williams;

3. Ron Dennis;

4. Martin Brundle;

5. David Coulthard.

Just a selection, there are other, obviously, but I do think that the Bernie foursome would be low on my list.

http://www.grandprix...-takes-a-break/

Yeah good point, is this doomed before the get go.

Good list of suggestions. Brundle appreciates what F1 should be, as does Sir Frank. Vijay is a businessman not a racer, he shouldn't be there.

What they really need to do is ask the fans more. They come up with stupid gimicky ideas and then act surprised when the drivers and fans respond with negativity

Mate what hope we got if they don't even listen to the drivers?

Ask the fans. Please explain? That concept is well behind my understanding. Sorry, sarcasm does not help. Yes, good old VJ, I guess you guys know what that stands for in Aus?

Please enlighten me. We have 3 and a half weeks to fill to the next race!

I'm guessing the V refers to a lady-part.

No of course not, were talking about vegemite and jam. Lol no, your right just jk. Put it this way, might as well have been called Richard Cranium.

I'm frustrated about this summer break. I don't even have football to keep me entertained until Spa although footie is my biggest passion nowadays.

Just to confuse things, a VJ board is something you nail onto the side of your house. Personally, I cannot see the connection.

You mean blue board? I thought you were just abbreviating "vag"

I'm not familiar with Tupac's repertoire. I'm currently listening to the Osmonds whilst at work, and no I'm not joking

I'm not familiar with Tupac's repertoire. I'm currently listening to the Osmonds whilst at work, and no I'm not joking

Tupac was way more than just a rap musician. He was an incredible man, just what he wanted for all people no matter your colour.

I think Vijay and Christian are good candidates, but the others have some shaping up to do in order to convince me that they really know where F1 is heading. These other guys are stuck in the past and not willing to let the sport thrive in the new era. Luca wants every team to sort through 3 driver's programmes on a given Sunday; Wolff is unimaginative.

They definitely need Briatore to get in on this because he understands what not to do. If they can get a strong enough group together, they should be able to offset his flamboyance and add a bit of credibility to his stance in F1. Oh, and, yeah, some drivers with experience like Brundle, and some who know how ruthless the sport is, like DC, would definitely make sense to add into the mix.

Not briatore, he brought the sport into disrepute.

I doubt the other members of the committee would let that happen again. Like cooking, get quality ingredients, then add something wild to make it unique (some Flavio-r) [bad pun], and even it out with some sugar.

Yeah well you only have to look at him now and realise he has been enjoying some cooking with sugar.

Fair comment on Vijay, he is (was?) a successful entrepreneur, so he should bring something to the table about making it appealing and a sound business.

Briatore is scum. Simple as. The less he's involved in F1 the better.

+1

Tupac was way more than just a rap musician. He was an incredible man, just what he wanted for all people no matter your colour.

Sounds like michael jackson

Sounds like michael jackson

Yep both were incredible people.