Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrisbaneAndy

Suzie Wolff

While iam all for woman not only making it to f1 but being succesful but in susies case, I think toto had a big role in getting the gig for her.

I agree, it is good publicity and he had shares in Williams F1 at the time. I could take her more seriously if she was not seen appearing in provocative poses so often.

All the best to her, but let's face it if she was male she wouldn't have any coverage at all. As you point out Andy, she's won nothing, and had a very unspectacular DTM career. And it can't just be coincidence that Wolff, who was (is?) a huge shareholder at Williams, is her husband.

I don't begrudge her believing she has a future in f1, I mean she is an f1 test driver and she's got a lot of ambition, so she should. Damon Hill didn't get a race seat til he was 33 (besides the brabham).

Her reason why there aren't any female f1 racers is that "there are no role models". Perhaps suzie, it's just that females generally aren't good enough? Why are there barely any female fighter pilots? And why are they generally cr4p at driving games? It could be just that in general, women don't have the co-ordination and skill in that area that more men do

See one thing if she gets in, then she has to be quick enough and as we have had woman in the past, none have been quick enough.

She also appears to be ruling out switching to another team, which if you're a rookie trying to break in, saying "I'm only going for that team" is not very wise. Or maybe she just knows no other team would even look at her. She doesn't have a hope in hell of getting a williams race seat

Where all forgetting that Mark Webber won nothing either on his way to f1 and he ended up with a fairly decent career.

If I owned Caterham I would put Wolff and de Silvestro in the cars. They both bring sponsorship, would get you more headlines than Man U and sell more sports cars to women. They would probably be chasing points too.

Haha.

Webber won races in F3000, whereas Wolff has not won a race in any category. Her best finish in DTM was 9th. That is what I meant by never winning anything.

Ohh really, I thought you meant championships, blimey I thought she won atleast one race in something.

Love it when I hear this, very special day for me not only as a webber fan but to hear the Aussie national anthem played once again.

Yeah I Beleive so, he pushed for that Benetton test. Iam not saying this because iam a fan but I honestly Beleive he got the rough end of the stick though out his whole career. Very talented and very quick but always finished as an "almost there" type of driver.

Meh, not so much, if your going down that route. Heinz-Harald Frentzen. Lol

Yea frentzens a good one. Had the best car in '97 and did nothing with it. I suppose basically any world champion's team-mate lol.

JJ Lehto!

DC had three shots at it though, if not for the first corner, you first Sir, agreement. Eddie only ever had the one shot - always a rear gunner for Mike, and when it came time to repay the favour, Mike just goes out there and screws him over, basically. Eddie could have won in 99 - it would have been close, but had Mike not returned, Salo sure would have given Eddie all the help he could to win the title for Ferrari and Eddie.

DC had three shots at it though, if not for the first corner, you first Sir, agreement. Eddie only ever had the one shot - always a rear gunner for Mike, and when it came time to repay the favour, Mike just goes out there and screws him over, basically. Eddie could have won in 99 - it would have been close, but had Mike not returned, Salo sure would have given Eddie all the help he could to win the title for Ferrari and Eddie.

I don't think theres any more Schu could have done though - he came back in malaysia and moved over for Eddie, then in the next race even if he moved over for Eddie it wouldn't have made a difference.

The only question mark is whether he deliberately didn't beat Hakkinen in Japan, but I don't believe he did that.

I think he could have beaten Hakkinen at Japan. Of course the rumour mill at the time was "if he couldn't win for Ferrari, then no-one would"....who knows the truth? It was an exciting race though; I remember being on the edge of my seat towards the end (or maybe that was the girlfriend at the time elbowing me in the back???).

At the end of the day, Mika won the championship, and whether you look at it sideways, from behind, in front, or up its nostrils, he deserved the title that year.