Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Lewis Is A Loser

I have NEVER in my life seen or heard a driver so disinterested in driving his car. No matter whose fault the racing incident between Nico and Lewis lies, Lewis should be fired for his lack of will to drive a car. Nico's done it, Kimi's done it, Alonso's done it and Vettel's done it. Bad luck happens, you find yourself at the back of the pack facing a whole race to go. Even if they had no hope of getting points, they still have pushed trying as hard as they can to do their best. Most go all out to try to salvage a result. Lewis came on the radio several times asking essentially to not have to complete the race. I find this utterly astonishing, but then again not half unexpected from him. What an absolutely pathetic example of a driver. I used to think Webber was the prime example of a mopey grumpy driver, but Lewis has to take the cake on this one by a country mile. He's paid to drive a car, and yet again we're seeing Merc bumbling when it comes to taking a hard line. Brawn would have torn him a new one if he was still in that team. As usual Wolff and Paddy and Lauda will trip over themselves, contradict one another and manage to not make any decisions on how to deal with Lewis. I'm convinced he's become a cancer inside of Merc. I said several months ago I did not think he would be at Merc next year. But that was more of Lewis leaving to go somewhere else, now I have to wonder if this carries on if they decide they don't want him around anymore with the attitude, lack of will to give 100% or how I feel his actions, demeanor (ie. his stropping behaviour at Monaco for example) could now actually get to a point of damaging Mercedes as a brand.

I can't Beleive he wanted to bin it? Potential safety car and he is right back in the mix, what a spoilt brat, he doesn't deserve the title this year not after that display.

I agree he has a point about saving his engine and bits, but Lewis is mard. A genius behind the wheel, but mard. His self inflicted 'victim syndrome' is what'll lose him any future battles with a mentally strong team mate... which Rosberg is.

Bollocks. He is one engine down on his main championship rival as a result of the engine fire and wanted to preserve the engine he had to give him a greater chance later in the season.

and you would take that risk knowing there would not be a safety car. That's later in the season, this is now and he'll be kicking himself if he could have scored points in spa and that race at spa decides the outcome of the championship.

Or he runs the race in Spa, kills off part of the life of the engine, has to get new parts and suffers a 10 point grid penalty.

I do think he has an attitude problem generally; but can completely understand why, when running 16th, with a damaged under-tray in good weather conditions would say "let's park it" and I would do the same. Chance of a safety car v.low. Pointless to carry on (literally).

I don't think the chance of a safety car is that low concidering all the wheel to wheel racing iam suprised we got no safety car from a incident tbh. Mercedes must have thought the same or they would've taken your approach. It was only 5 laps from the end they parked him at that point it was obvious a safety car was very minimal and no advantage would've been made. They did that so they can change the gearbox before Monza and NOT receive a penalty for having a "genuine" reason to retire his car.

correct me if I am wrong here but cry baby hamilton is PAID by the team to drive a race car that has zillion of dollars of advertising all over it, so how can anyone justify a driver wanting to stop for no other reason then he can't win ???

oh yeah and a very BIG GOODONYAHMATE to Ricci :-)

Pity all this handbags at dawn stuff is masking an awesome victory by Ricciardo.

Yep couldn't agree more. But he drove the wheels of his car, pushing and extending the gap at the right time. Well deserved.

Bollocks. He is one engine down on his main championship rival as a result of the engine fire and wanted to preserve the engine he had to give him a greater chance later in the season.

I'm not trying to single you out, but this requires a reply.

A true racer would drive the wheels off a car in the attempt to earn as many points as possible. Not decide to pull over, tweet how unfair life is, grab a cup of tea and try again the following weekend.

Mercedes has the FASTEST car on the grid. Yet Lewis could not move up from 16th? He only had 6 places to gain and then would have been in the points. Safety cars, rain, red flags, we've seen so many things happen this year in races. His attitude stinks. He is paid to race and he did not want to race on the best racetrack there is for drivers to show their worth.

Drivers will push their car to the breaking point to win a race... best example I can think of is this famous race.

You cannot defend his actions and put them under the umbrella of him saving engines and so on. How stupid would he have been to pull out of the race, only for a safety car to come out, and thus would have lost points, thinking he's saving the engine for future races. Lewis was not thinking of saving his engine, when has he ever been that aware of his car, brakes and so on? hmm? He was sulking and having a tantrum.

More BS from Lewis...

“We just had a meeting about it and he basically said he did it on purpose. He said he did it on purpose,” repeated the Briton with a dazed look. “He said he could have avoided it. He said ‘I did it to prove a point’.

“You don’t have to just rely on me, go and ask [Mercedes team bosses] Toto [Wolff] and Paddy [Lowe] who are not happy with him as well,” said Hamilton. “I was gobsmacked when I was listening to the meeting. You need to ask him what point he was trying to make.”

The news websites are all over this one now. I don't think many F1 fans on here, even big Hamilton supports actually believe Nico moved in on purpose. I certainly don't.

But Wolff makes this comment that once again shows Hamilton is talking out his rear end...

Wolff later attempted to clarify what had happened in the meeting, explaining that “Nico felt he needed to hold his line. He needed to make a point.

“He [Rosberg] didn’t give in. He thought it was for Lewis to leave him space, and that Lewis didn’t leave him space,” added the Austrian. “So they agreed to disagree in a very heated discussion amongst ourselves, but it wasn’t deliberately crashing. That is nonsense.”

The only drivers I've seen deliberately hit or move into another of recent times is Maldonado at Spa of all places a few years back, but he's reaping his just deserts now days anyway.

Nico never said he crashed into Lewis on purpose to prove a point. He stated that "I did it to prove a point". What is "it"? Context plays a huge role in this. Holding his line to prove a point? Crashing into Lewis to prove a point, and giving yourself a flat tyre, a new front wing and costing a race win? Yeah sure, Nico that's distressed at the moment he'd attempt something as absurd as that. It's been Lewis cracking up left right and center for months now, not Nico, so I flat out cannot believe Nico making his prove a point statement was in relation to deliberately crashing into Hamilton.

F1 has it's new villain now I guess, rightly or wrongly. Speaking of which, I must congratulate Eddy Jordan on berating the rude crowd that booed Nico. That was BS, but sadly we've seen enough of that towards Vettel now that it's almost common place.

I agree. I think the 'it' was the passing move, dumb to suggest he ran into Hamilton deliberately.

I was stunned to hear Hamilton pleading to retire. What about sponsors, Mercedes, team members etc?

I wonder if he will get a gearbox change penalty? The only way he would not is if the car was retired for a legitimate reason. All I heard on the radio was that they needed to cool the gearbox down. That was at odds with putting the car into the garage immediately.

More BS from Lewis...

The news websites are all over this one now. I don't think many F1 fans on here, even big Hamilton supports actually believe Nico moved in on purpose. I certainly don't.

But Wolff makes this comment that once again shows Hamilton is talking out his rear end...

The only drivers I've seen deliberately hit or move into another of recent times is Maldonado at Spa of all places a few years back, but he's reaping his just deserts now days anyway.

Nico never said he crashed into Lewis on purpose to prove a point. He stated that "I did it to prove a point". What is "it"? Context plays a huge role in this. Holding his line to prove a point? Crashing into Lewis to prove a point, and giving yourself a flat tyre, a new front wing and costing a race win? Yeah sure, Nico that's distressed at the moment he'd attempt something as absurd as that. It's been Lewis cracking up left right and center for months now, not Nico, so I flat out cannot believe Nico making his prove a point statement was in relation to deliberately crashing into Hamilton.

F1 has it's new villain now I guess, rightly or wrongly. Speaking of which, I must congratulate Eddy Jordan on berating the rude crowd that booed Nico. That was BS, but sadly we've seen enough of that towards Vettel now that it's almost common place.

Yep agree with both your posts.

guess we are bloody lucky that the other teams that run below 10th place don't have the same idea as Hamilton i.e. if I can;t win I may as well save the engine !!

Is it feasible that the way these 2 are constantly trying to put one over each other, n with Daniel just getting on with his job, that he might sneak up from behind n steal the drivers title from the pair of them? He isn't far off Lewis now in the title race, n I can't recall Daniel making a single error so far this year, just clean consistent driving

I hope so! I am refraining from believing that is possible, but if the MGP drivers keep c#cking up, Ricciardo will be knocking on the door. I doubt it will come off, but I doubt he could do anything more with the equipment he has and I am really pleased for him.