Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrisbaneAndy

Vettel's Spa Setup

I watched Ted Kravitz's Spa roundup last night. He was saying that Vettel had to use Ricciardo's settings because he missed FP2 on Friday. That seemed to work in qualifying but in the race he had much worse tyre degradation than Ricciardo.

It says quite a lot, I think. Mainly, Ricciardo is not just fast and racy, he looks after the tyres better than Vettel. That, ultimately, is probably why he won.

Yep you can tell, the last stint he had was brilliant, even though Rosberg was catching him hand over fist towards the end, Ricciardo set his fastest lap of the race on the last lap. So he is also smart to the sense not to use all his tyre performance and keep abit in his pocket. He's the real deal IMO.

Not sure, must hurt Vettel pretty hard tbh, especially 3 wins to zip ATM.

It would, wouldn't it? Has to borrow Ricciardo's settings and then gets hosed by him. When the new chassis came along, that was the problem solved, but it did not.

I do not think Vettel has lost it or never had it, I think he is the master of the blown diffuser rear end and Ricciardo is that good.

It would, wouldn't it? Has to borrow Ricciardo's settings and then gets hosed by him. When the new chassis came along, that was the problem solved, but it did not.

I do not think Vettel has lost it or never had it, I think he is the master of the blown diffuser rear end and Ricciardo is that good.

Agree

And yet we've seen Vettel give Ricci huge smiles and hugs when he's won races, being happy for his team mate. Not sure how that equates to him being sore and hurt about it. They look like they get on really well as team mates. Good on Ricci for the win, but don't think automatically that means Vettels is crying into his bucket of ice cream.

They might very well be good mates but it would be eating Vettel inside.

Yet Vettel is usually the master at looking after his tyres well during the race....???

Yea that's the puzzling part, but IMO the master of that is Jenson Button, but iam suprised like Andy said how Vettel is towards Ricciardo, maybe it was a respect issue between seb and mark that's why the never got along plus the age difference. As for Daniel, he has always showed respect for seb in his interviews and probably have alot more in common as the much closer in age. Just a guess. Honestly,away from the circuit seb seems like a decent bloke, got a good sense of humor I know that, but it's his dummy spits in the past,him self appointing himself and all out flogging of webber has made me dislike him as a race driver, though I cannot deny what he has achieved. I would've expected him to whinge more than Hamilton given the circumstance but good on him.

It is surprising about Vettel's tyre management. Maybe it is all to do with the 2014 cars characteristics, loss of downforce, not having his own setup, who knows? Maybe Vettel is the master but Ricciardo is otherworldly?

I think it is, iam just waiting for this list of excusing coming his way if he keeps flogging seb.

I always said let's wait til the end of the season before judging Seb. But it's pretty clear now that come season end, things aren't going to have changed much. No-one can ever take those 4 WDC's away from him, and whatever car you're driving, getting 4 WDC's shows you're not just another average driver.

I actually kinda wish Webber had stayed on another year. Clearly Seb is struggling with 2014 F1, and Mark may well have done what Dan is currently doing.

And he is Australian. Have we talked about that before?

Are you sure he is Australian? He doesn't seem to be counting his chickens before they are hatched, which is very unusual............ :whistling::lol:

No wonder we've barely had any sunshine this August in the UK, I forgot that the sun is now 100% shining out of Ricciardo's bum

No wonder we've barely had any sunshine this August in the UK, I forgot that the sun is now 100% shining out of Ricciardo's bum

Ah, that's not Ricciardo's bum, that's my forehead.