Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Will Vettel Win A Race This Season?

Where past half way in the championship and yet to see Vettel win his first race yet. Very unexpected, do you think he will even win a race? Must be killing him inside being down 3 wins to nothing against ricciardo. But still has to focus, he's dealing with it and improving but still lacking that punch we usually see. He made two big mistakes on the opening lap at Belgium last week, could he be beginning to crack abit under the pressure to do well. See with Ricciardo he had no pressure as people didnt know what to quite expect from him, yet seb has to live up to the title of defending champion and people expect what they have been used to. Just a theory.

He can't say that he hasn't got a car capable of victory! But we'll have to wait to all pieces of puzzle fit in their place for him to win! Good friday to find setup, rainy saturday and sunday that probably suits him more than dry ones! Just my 2cents!

He used to win lot of races you know! Sooner or later he will learn to win with this new rules car! Car is very good!

Who knows!? This isn't about Dan, it is just normal to expect 4WDC to win at least one race while his team mate has three wins and i don't know how many podiums! In one other forum they had thread '' Will Red Bull win a race this season? '' After twelve races they have three! Not bad!

Even Schumi could win in that crap Ferrari after his move from Benetton in 96 and the gap to Ferrari and the dominant Williams of that year was greater than what merc have over rb this year.

Yes he's capable of a win. His pace at Spa was really good, and probably one of his better performances this year. Interesting it also happened on the same weekend Kimi looked fast too. Maybe it's just the circuit, or they are both a bit happier with their cars.

WebRic you seem fixated on Vettel somehow being all turn up inside and losing it because Dan is beating him. I see no sign of that all, not in his interviews, his demeanor or body language. I would say what disappoints him more is that he himself is not able to go 100% in the car. Whether Dan is beating him wouldn't be a great concern. Consider this if you've ever played sports. It's a great feeling when you do a PB. You put in the hard work in training, improved and got a nice result. Does it matter then if you came 2nd, or 10th? No because you did your best. So I think that's his primary concern, is being able to get more comfortable in the car and push like he's able to. Then the results will come. Kimi has essentially said just this. That the car does not handle very well to his liking, and thus he can never really push.

Vettel also suffered some pretty bad tyre wear during Spa and he's generally been very good with his tyres.

None of this is written to take anything away from Ricci. Vettel will rise again, the cream always does. If it's not this year, next year will be better. RBR are too good a team to be down for long.

Yeah I do think he would be hurting abit, saying stuff like he would have win those races dan did if he didnt experience any trouble, that's pretty rough. But to sit here and say it wouldn't be eating him up inside is rediculous, being as competitive as he is, it would be killing him. It would do for me, when I don't win a kart race I feel gutted even though I tried my best, sometimes that's not even good enough. Belgium he was quick for maybe the first stint, that's it, he dropped of in pace quite abit after that.

If you say so WebRic. I have seen no signs Vettel is being torn up inside, yet you persist he is. He can be disappointed, heck most drivers "suffer" that. Even Kimi when he wins or gets a podium often is still disappointed. You're convinced Vettel is crying himself to sleep it seems. I have seen no signs he's being affected in that way. He may be right in that if he had a clean weekend, something I don't recall him having at all this year (Kimi included as well), he could have done better. That's a very very possibility of being a true statement. Thus put up, or lose this notion. You've been on it for months, making multiple posts, threads and so on. Next you'll be posting what kind of ice cream Vettel eats when he's sitting on the couch crying about things. You're more than welcome to provide some real evidence. Otherwise don't claim it's ridiculous he's not feeling something you actually have no proof he is.

I didnt say he would be crying himself to sleep, that's you putting words in my mouth, all I said it would be hurting and you can't say it's not affecting his driving, he slipped up when dan was behind him at spa and that's was all dan needed and he was gone, I hate to say it but it was reminiscent of Vettel leaving webber in the dust, the tide has turned IMO. Why you so emotionally attached to Vettel? You cry a river when people diss kimi to. Just remember you decide which threads you read and reply on, heck wernt you at one stage going to ignore and not comment on anything I post? That didnt last long did it. Mate your knowledge is awesome but I can't stand it when people turn there undies inside out over Vettel or kimi statements, you have to listen to there whinging in bed at night or something? Gee whizz mate.

I think that although Seb isn't showing outward signs in interviews etc of Dan's performances eating him up, the fact he's a competitive ruthless sportsman would make one ASSUME that it must be killing him inside.

I still think he'll vastly improve, but perhaps not this year.