Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Monza Top Speed.

That's why they have free practises!

Still imagine, getting a tow or defending a positions and also trying to out brake while still picking the braking points.

Still imagine, getting a tow or defending a positions and also trying to out brake while still picking the braking points.

Yes, i know what you mean.

It could be raining.

Well i am in Croatia, and they are forecasting rain this week! Italy isn't so far away!

Everything can happen!

412 the first run I believe and 415 the second but for it to be an official record it has to be up and back not just one way and both return attempts were stopped due to bad wind. It was a Honda not a bar. I Beleive it had a partial front wing and just an enlarged engine cover fin (which was the trend especially in 2009) which went right back and took over the spot of the rear wing.

Found the car

f1_speed_c130j_honda.jpg

Sorry the fin wasn't as big lol, now I found the picture.

Yeah well Mr Technical you know what I meant lol. Should've shut up hey? Lmfao :)

Funny its one way speeds were quite a lot higher than the opposite direction. I would have thought that with next to no aero, the car would be very slippery. I guess a strong enough wind would cruel it.

I tend to think it was BAR trying to get some publicity but I have no idea why Honda carried it on the following year.

Man, that's movin!!, how awesome is the stand still camera as kimi goes rocketing by? Gives you a better understanding on how bloody fast they were. We need more stationary camera's especially at circuits like Monza and Spa.

You would think it would be very unstable at that speed to.

I was thinking the same thing.....it's been a while since it's happened, but I've seen rear-wing failures in F1 and the car goes into an immediate spin without the rear downforce generated by the rear wing

I was thinking the same thing.....it's been a while since it's happened, but I've seen rear-wing failures in F1 and the car goes into an immediate spin without the rear downforce generated by the rear wing

I think of you look at its front wing and how plain it is, maybe it was able to stall the rear wing, make the airflow completly miss that area of the car. Just like the f-duct.

But that was the sound, and cars looked good! No oversteer or under steer! :-)

Ohh yea there was. Kimi just nailed the setup.

i read an article on f1 fanatic which said that the new engines would need to have 900hp just to match the power to weight ratios of last years v8 cars. as we can see the straight line speeds this year have been way more on every track so my assumption is that at full tilt when they are not fuel saving they have around 1000hp. whilst the teams would deny it is hard to to see how this aint possible especially as they hit 200mph at hungary . 215mp at hockenhiem 210 at spa. even if they dont beat the 2005 v10s they are still mighty impressive if they get within 10mph of them given the weight difference (600 vs 690kg).

to put into context 90kg is like the equivalent of a rugby player or man that has had to many bags of chips. there is no way the 2005 v10 would do 370+ kmph if they weighed the same as current f1 cars

based on the 900hp to match the v8s theory the current f1 cars would need something in the region of 1200-1300hp which i dont think they have

Bear in mind the 2014 cars have less aero than last year. So, less drag and hence less power required for a given speed.

We know the ERS puts in 160 bhp, so the ICE would need to be generating 840 bhp to make 1,000 bhp total. I do not think so...

We know the maximum fuel flow rate allowed, so we can calculate the maximum power. I will have a go later. I am shooting for 650-700 bhp range from Renault to Mercedes.

i read an article on f1 fanatic which said that the new engines would need to have 900hp just to match the power to weight ratios of last years v8 cars. as we can see the straight line speeds this year have been way more on every track so my assumption is that at full tilt when they are not fuel saving they have around 1000hp. whilst the teams would deny it is hard to to see how this aint possible especially as they hit 200mph at hungary . 215mp at hockenhiem 210 at spa. even if they dont beat the 2005 v10s they are still mighty impressive if they get within 10mph of them given the weight difference (600 vs 690kg).

to put into context 90kg is like the equivalent of a rugby player or man that has had to many bags of chips. there is no way the 2005 v10 would do 370+ kmph if they weighed the same as current f1 cars

based on the 900hp to match the v8s theory the current f1 cars would need something in the region of 1200-1300hp which i dont think they have

Well niki lauda did say before the season started that there merc was capable of making over 1000bhp.