Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Mclaren Tempt Alonso

Lol, I might have to think about if its worth me loosing my construction job over. Hmm tough one, lol.

I don't believe Alonso is going anywhere or he would have announced by now. The bad news for JB is that no one else seems to be making a move for him but I don't believe he would wait this long without having a contingency plan in place.

I am not sure Alonso not making an announcement proves much. Even after a deal has been done, he is most likely not to upset his employers until the end of the season.

Bear in mind he is under contract and the get out clauses are conjecture, so he si not actually eligible to sign a contract with another team at the memento.

I think Alonso will hang on to see what the Honda PU is like before leaving Ferrari. Otherwise it could be frying pan and fire type stuff.

Nah I Beleive the Honda engine will be a rocket as I Beleive Mclaren would have given a merc engine to Honda to further develop the engine.

So do I, but Alonso's career is running out and if he banks it on the Honda PU, he is taking a risk.

I don't believe McLaren gave a Mercedes PU to Honda, there are strong controls over PU usage by the FIA and I doubt MGP would leave much to doubt. I would think that every PU supplied to McLaren is sealed, but not with a kiss.

Yeah but the risk he will take wouldn't be any greater than waiting to see of next years Ferrari is the one.

All the more reason for fernando to take a risk elsewhere especially Mclaren. Unless Fernando has seen something already.

Alonso has now announced he is not going anywhere. Over to you Ron.

I think Alonso's motivation is solely on that elusive 3rd WDC, not money, so Ron could offer 100m and I don't think it'd make a difference.

I don't think leaving a bad team for an even worse one is such a good idea. Mclaren haven't shown any promise of being able to design a decent car with these current rules, and are behind Ferrari despite having arguably a more powerful engine.

I'm going to make a very boring prediction and predict that actually in 2015 all the top teams are going to have the same driver line up as 2014, including mclaren!