Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Do You Really Want To Drop Jenson, Ron?

That's was an awesome video, how fit is he? Blimey rediculous. Now how hard to the others train though?

They all do but he has the edge. It's his mental power when the body is under stress that impresses me.

Is there a video or picture? All I can see is a blank space, but this computer is rubbish

What computer and what operating system. You probably need Flash Player installed.

Yea its ok I tried again at home ony my laptop and watched the video.

Looks like JB's got some extra training to do if he wants to be as fit as olympic triathletes!

he kill them on cognitive tests though

Jessica's idea apparently. There are Japanese symbols.

Do You Really Want To Drop Jenson, Ron?

I like Button. But the lack of results is there. Should not have been hired to begin with.

Of course, McLaren is a trainwreck on its own... thanks precisely to none other than "Ron".

I have to disagree, yeah as of late Magnussen has been faster in qualifying but at the end of the day, it's still Jenson netting the most possible points available on the day, he is basically single handly carrying the team, no disrespect to Kevin, he has done a superb job but still is been over shadowed be Kvyat who has lesser machinery but on scale is doing a better job imo

Button was not expected to compete with Hamilton at McLaren, but he sure as hell did. Still a fine driver and brings a lot more to the team than just pace.

Without Ron Dennis, there would not be a McLaren. The woes began in 2009 when Dennis stepped down from F1 to concentrate on the road car business. He has cleaned out the henhouse, hired a proper aerodynamicist and has secured an exclusive factory engine deal, not to mention sponsorship.

Watch this space.

Yeah that's right. I remember people saying lewis would "murder" Jenson. How wrong they were.

I like Button. But the lack of results is there. Should not have been hired to begin with.

Of course, McLaren is a trainwreck on its own... thanks precisely to none other than "Ron".

Shouldn't have been hired? Are you mad? He beat Hamilton on points in their time together so who do you think should have been hired, Maure? Cough up.

Button did very well beating Hamilton a few years back, but he's hardly shone since. I won't be too harsh because their cars have totally sucked for sometime now. But I also cannot see him being there for too much longer either. He's know it, so if he's smart his manager is looking for a seat. I still think if he could have got a Williams seat if he wanted. But if he's let go now, it's either Sauber, Force India or off to DTM? maybe or hopefully V8 Supercars perhaps.

But having Ron back is what McLaren need. Whitmarsh was a nice guy, but looked to be seriously be lacking in the take charge genes. One thing I still cannot get comfortable with is having Boullier there though. He's good, but I just don't see him being there for the long term.

Are McLaren in a good space right now? Their car looks naked with sponsors which is very unusual for them. They are the slowest Merc powered team which is really a big surprise. They really should be the #2 Merc team you'd think. But next year we'll see how they progress, and maybe even hopefully see them back in Red and White !!

He is not lightning quick, but still what McLaren need for 2015. After that, I think he will hang up the gloves, rather than drive for one of those teams you mentioned. I do not see him in anything other than an F1 car.

I agree on Dennis, he has done it before and he will do it now, drag McLaren back into competitiveness. I tend to agree on Boullier, is he perhaps Ron's puppet?

There is the possibility that McLaren have a B spec Mercedes PU. Given the move to Honda power next year, I believe Mercedes would not provide McLaren with 100% of what they have to offer.

I've seen it with so many past F1 drivers. They talk and say they only want to drive for a top team, and when it comes crunch time and they lose their top seat, they get desperate and take up spot in a lesser team. But Button going to Williams to me really wouldn't have been that much of a stepdown, and I'm sure they would have treated him very well there. Who knows if he's going to be in McLaren next year. I guess that depends on if Alonso or Lewis are interested to go back there. Then who gets the second seat. You'd have to say, not Button.

Shouldn't have been hired? Are you mad? He beat Hamilton on points in their time together so who do you think should have been hired, Maure? Cough up.

Yep. Beat Hamilton. Need anyone say more.

I have to disagree, yeah as of late Magnussen has been faster in qualifying but at the end of the day, it's still Jenson netting the most possible points available on the day, he is basically single handly carrying the team, no disrespect to Kevin, he has done a superb job but still is been over shadowed be Kvyat who has lesser machinery but on scale is doing a better job imo

Sure. There are drivers that have performed worse than Button.

So?

Look fellows, it is not as if we don't know these guys. They've been around. And just like neither Rosberg nor Hamilton are going to turn into freaking F1 heroes this year if they take the championship, neither did Button after the BrawnGP steal.

If Brawn had not conspired for his car to be the only one on track with the DD, Button would have been midfield that season like all others. And if Button had remained midfield, McLaren would not have even looked his way.

What do you people expect? Again, it is not as if we don't know these guys.

Yep. Beat Hamilton. Need anyone say more.

Sure. There are drivers that have performed worse than Button.

So?

Look fellows, it is not as if we don't know these guys. They've been around. And just like neither Rosberg nor Hamilton are going to turn into freaking F1 heroes this year if they take the championship, neither did Button after the BrawnGP steal.

If Brawn had not conspired for his car to be the only one on track with the DD, Button would have been midfield that season like all others. And if Button had remained midfield, McLaren would not have even looked his way.

What do you people expect? Again, it is not as if we don't know these guys.

It wasn't brawn though. That car was technically a Honda and it was three years in the making. So weather it was brawn or Honda, that car wouldve owned everything anyway. Brawn brought the entire Honda team for 1 British pound all he had to do was find an engine. He do so in Mercedes which turned out to be a match made in heaven with the chassis.

Plus, Barrichello, both Toyota's and both Williams also had the double diffuser. But only Jenson banged out the constant poles and wins in the first half of the season. By midway through the season RBR had the best car, JB still won it with a race to spare.

Maure are you saying Mclaren should've hired a slow number 2, or rather not ditched Kovalainen?

I'm sure Ron is looking at driver options cos his natural reaction historically is to dump a driver after a bad season, but in 2014 the drivers aren't the problem, and I'm expecting JB to be retained cos there aren't any other options anyway.

It wasn't brawn though. That car was technically a Honda and it was three years in the making. So weather it was brawn or Honda, that car wouldve owned everything anyway. Brawn brought the entire Honda team for 1 British pound all he had to do was find an engine. He do so in Mercedes which turned out to be a match made in heaven with the chassis.

As I said, Brawn was the guy that got his car to be the only one on track with the DD.

RBR and Renault went on record over the Whiting c#ckblock.

We don't know these guys.

Well, I know I don't. I only know what I see on the idiot box or trackside.

The full story, not to mention the truth, is a different matter.

Please.

Plus, Barrichello, both Toyota's and both Williams also had the double diffuser. But only Jenson banged out the constant poles and wins in the first half of the season. By midway through the season RBR had the best car, JB still won it with a race to spare.

Maure are you saying Mclaren should've hired a slow number 2, or rather not ditched Kovalainen?

I'm sure Ron is looking at driver options cos his natural reaction historically is to dump a driver after a bad season, but in 2014 the drivers aren't the problem, and I'm expecting JB to be retained cos there aren't any other options anyway.

Yep. Barrichello, the broken man, he did sink one last time under one of the men that had destroyed his career with an endless stream of public humiliations.

And, yep. Button cashed in on his car when he had a huge advantage over the rest. Then, he too disappeared but for a race later on the season, can't remember which. Nonetheless, sure, it was an accomplishment, and I have talked about that elsewhere. Taking advantage of opportunities is a sign of the better drivers.

Still, the point I made stands. No BrawnGP, no Button. And this matters because it tells you what a driver can do and cannot do... you all know this.

Seems barrichello is trying to get back into f1. Apparently he offered his services to Mercedes during the Singapore gp as there third driver for Friday practice.

Still, the point I made stands. No BrawnGP, no Button. And this matters because it tells you what a driver can do and cannot do... you all know this.

I like to think that 2010-2012 (when mclaren did have a half decent machine) were proof that 2009 was not a flash in the pan and that JB deserved to be up there amongst the big boys.

Correct me if mistaken but I'll say again, Toyota and Williams also had the double diffuser at the start of '09, not just Brawn.

Edit: having just re-read your post I realise your point is that if Brawn werent winning in '09 then mclaren wouldnt have noticed JB.