Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caesar

Azerbaijan Gp Track Layout

Looks quite a long circuit doesn't it? Well more races the better IMO.

I was trying to work out why a purpose built circuit would look so strange and contrived. Then I realised it was built around the Olympic venue.

I checked, 5.87km.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sochi+circuit&id=7EF747E56EC1EF28EDAC80C4622E2CEFC754C3E5&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=7EF747E56EC1EF28EDAC80C4622E2CEFC754C3E5&selectedIndex=0

Hmm, I fear that with the additions of these new circuits, that formula one is stepping further away from its roots so to speak. IMO, instead of wasting money on new circuits, upgrade older venues and bring back some classic circuits such as Imola,Jerez,estoril just to name a few. My ideal championship would consist of 20 races. 10 on old/classic circuits and ten new/newer circuits. Even if they wanted to get stupid, they could keep the ten "classic" circuits every season but alternate the ten "new" ones with what ever they like.

Baku is over 6kms long. It's good in that I like the longer tracks, but the right angles don't excite me. However if it's nice neighbourhoods and such, it could be a good race. Unlike Valencia in the shipping yards which was utterly horrible. I think the only good thing about Valencia was the Red Bull jacuzzis at the top of some of the buildings filled with girls in bikinis.

Weird. I agree about the right angles, the bane of some street circuits.

I only just saw the Sochi circuit, that is weird, too!

Man, this is the most horrible thing I've ever seen

The track is counter clock wise ! I wonder how much speed will cars achieve at the end of that straight before braking into 90 degree first corner!

When's Azerbaijan coming onto the calendar?

Looks like it'll be a dull race with no overtaking, in front of an audience who know nothing about motorsport.

Next season I think. Why doesn't Bernie push to have some older/classic circuits return instead of these new circuits.

Yeah I know, but I didnt really think it made much difference if you had 1 billion or 2 billion. Well,once again the money comes in before the sport.

All true but it's his deals that have made F1 the global behemoth that it is.

He does often talk total nonsense though. Half the time I think he does it to amuse himself, playing us by deliberately saying 'out-there' things

Bah no way, the only way the sport is what it is, is simple, the drivers. Anyone could do his job with the experience he has. It's the drivers people want to see. IMO, he has made some stupid decisions. Corrupt as fcuk and has made a new friend in Vladimir Putin. The same Putin were trying to ban from entering the g20 summit here on Australia. Birds of a feather hey?