Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

What Should Marussia Do?

In wake of what we all know, it puts Marussia in a difficult position. Do they

1 - run only chiltons car in respect to Jules

2- run Alexander Rossi in Bianchis car

3- run no cars at all.

It's hard to say because if they pull out or run one car and we have a "freak" gp, the chances of sauber or Caterham scoring points is vastly improoved. So in defence of there championship position I Beleive they have no option but to run 2 cars. Still whatever happens Marussia have placed Jules banner ontop of his usual garage like any other Grand Prix. Whats your take in this guys?

Definitely run 2 cars. It's what Jules would want. As his boss Graeme Lowdon pointed out, that 9th place in the WCC was hard-earned and Jules would want the team to do all they can to protect it.

It only takes a wet race with a bit of a lottery and a Sauber could easily notch up a couple of points.

No question for me, run 2 cars.

G'day Jem, yeah I agree, jules wouldn't want Marussia to lose its place and quite frankly niether would the team.

sadly but despite what Bernie is saying now it was Bernie who sad that F1 can do without the minnows, meaning Caterham and Marrusia and maybe one other team.

I do think the writing is on the wall for both of these teams for the rest of this year and a no show for next year. Maybe Haas can pick up the pieces cheap??

Bernie the w@nker, time and time again in the past he was quite vocal on smaller teams being the backbone of the sport. This is him just pushing his three car idea back. He is so stupid, it's so transparent what he is trying to do but he thinks everyone else around him isn't as smart as he is. Bloody w@nker, is all I can say.

Confirmation this morning that Marussia have gone into administration too, so we'll only have 18 cars at the next race.

Clearly all these years of cost cutting measures are not having the desired effect

Confirmation this morning that Marussia have gone into administration too, so we'll only have 18 cars at the next race.

Clearly all these years of cost cutting measures are not having the desired effect

That will make 2015 interesting, all the talk of three car teams, teams providing a third car to lesser teams etc etc, blah, blah.

I agree on the cost cutting, it was always a sham.

Course it is. Bernie pockets the lot. How could teams fall into administration if we have supposidely been cutting costs for years now. So if that's the case. Caterham and Marussia wouldn't have even bee able to afford tyres ten years ago. So how transparent it is? Bernie pockets the lot. Bloody troll.

That will make 2015 interesting, all the talk of three car teams, teams providing a third car to lesser teams etc etc, blah, blah.

I agree on the cost cutting, it was always a sham.

Marussia and Caterham [as Lotus] joined F1 at a time when there was heavy discussion about cost cutting. Of course, it never happened, certainly not in the sense that we have a budget limit agreed by all. It will never happen - ever. If you cannot compete with the top teams, you shouldn't bother. Red Bull are the only privateer that has prospered since the heady days of Williams, McLaren and Lotus and that's down to one man - Adrian Newey. Just because a billionaire or two want to go and play at F1 doesn't mean they will be successful. Branson saw that but he's clever enough to see that the sport is a money-sucking black hole. You need a big heart and a huge wallet plus you need to win! Sauber sold out to BMW but they bottled after a handful of seasons because they didn't find the formula. Audi will come in and they'll probably have a choice of Hinwil or SaharaForceIndia as a starting point. Mallya isn't in jail yet but he hasn't been home in a while - I wonder why? His partner is serving time and in days gone by would have been banned from owning an F1 team but anything goes now as long as Bernie gets his backhander. I have a terrible feeling that Mad Max may replace him.

I struggle to figure out what these goons do with there money, seriously.

There are reports that Force India needed to make an engine payment to Mercedes yesterday or lose their engines for Austin. Oops....

Some say Bernie lent VJ the cash, Andy

Yeah to take the heat of himself and to stop people asking questions as to why teams can't afford to run in the "cost cutting" age of f1.

Of course. Some people know what Bernie is like, but the rest are slowly catching on. He has been in the heat for the past 12 months now and he is looking for a scapegoat.

Makes sense as the contracts with circuits that FOM has state that a minimum of 16 cars will compete. Bernie has to act or he is in the brown stuff.

...and the three-car rule kicks in at 18 cars (which was Bernie's safety net - i.e. he was banking on the event that there was a more gradual loss of teams which would allow time for the top 6 teams to field third cars). As it is with 2 teams going in a week and a third wobbling Bernie is having a brown incontinence pants moment :)

But it does show what a bl**dy mess F1 is in for it to come to this....

No it's doesnt, can you see the big picture? This is all part of bernies plan. He proposed an idea which would fill his pockets even more, the teams didnt agree so its time to "force" them, by pushing out the smaller teams by increasing costs but at the same time trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes and say its cutting costs. Can't work, I mentioned it time and time again, we wouldn't need to keep cutting costs if cost cutting was actually implemented to begin with would we? Think about it, it's a massive scam Bernie has covered from every angle. I saw a video once where this guy had a farm and developers wanted the land. They tried to offer him rediculous amounts on a few different occasions to sell up but he wouldn't budge. So the developers did a deal with his bank, all of a sudden his intrests rates went through the roof to the point he lost his farm. 6 months later they were building there. Bernie is using this very same strategy,He is robbing the sport blind and trying to hide it at the same time. Third cars from the same team is going to happen and if teams don't like it, they'll be bullied out. So long are the days where Bernie said that the smaller teams don't just make the numbers, there the backbone of the sport. Yeah well Bernie, seems like the sport has lost it's backbone, just like you.

Absolutley. I understand you need to promote the sport and such but formula one has lost it's "aura" it once had as an entirety. The 80s was really the last time this sport had that you know, it's hard to explain, it just had this special god like feeling about the sport. It continued through the 90's before gradually eating itself alive so to speak. Once tobacco advertising went, that's when Bernie lost his mind and lost the passion this sport gave him. This meant he had to source that income elsewhere,so he had to bleed that loss of income out the sport and he has just became more and more persistent over it to the point we have what we have today. Best way to describe it would be like a drug addict, has a taste and the more and more he does it, the more and more out of control he gets. This sport should be held and run like an ancient martial art IMO. Don't change anything and push to keeps its originality and integrity. Do you understand what iam trying to say? It's hard to describe it, formula one might be more competitive today and more professional but I feel it's not as authentic and alot more transparent.

Assuming Marussia aren't coming back, and sauber don't score points this season, what happens to their prize money for coming 9th? Or will sauber be promoted to 9th?

Ecclestone probably has it written to the contract that if a team is declared bankrupt during the season, he gets their prize money.

I would imagine the prize money goes to the receivers, to be offset against the debt.