Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugsyf1

Who Designs F1 Tracks. Is It Still Herman?

Does Herman Tilke still design these tracks?

If so I think F1 needs a fresh face and ideas. Do we not want to see over taking. Drivers are already complaining there is no over taking.

What's the deal Bernie??????????????

I hate his tracks because he puts bunch of corners in a row and drivers always find racing lines somewhere in between! They use shorter path of course! If you look at SPA or Suzuka , those corners are beautiful, easy to remember! You know where corner starts, where is apex and where it ends! With Tilke tracks i can't remember anything! Racing line doesn't follow track line! As i said before, bunch of corners that look messy! My opinion!

It's not just that, it's the locations and just all out how the whole thing is designed. Turkey,Valencia these are some examples on just how boring and bland his circuits look. I would hate to drive his circuits, I hate to drive them for just 10 laps on f1 games, there sooooo boring and corners that arnt really authentic so to speak.

Touchy subject this! Yes his company does and has designed all F1 tracks or modifications since 1995, 28 in all according to Google.

Bad news, after Sochi there are three more F1 tracks under construction or recently completed, all designed by Tilke.

I dislike his designs. I agree the turns do not string together, they are disjointed and messy.

I honestly believe he has about 10 constant radius corners and he just pieces them together. When they do not meet up, he draws a straight in between.

Barely anyone praises his work but a certain small man keeps giving him the job.

Why don't they get ex drivers to design them? They would know what corners would work well and would also know what corners the drivers would like. I remember DC designed a track on paper a while back and he selected a few corners from current circuits he likes, it looked funny but he said it would be the best circuit to drive on.