Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Mclaren, Caterham And Lemans

With Caterham in the news on a daily basis at the moment, it's tough to accept that they will be around much longer. Fernandez says this, Engavest says this and so on. Kamui, a very brave driver got severely rattled at Sochi and that speaks volumes for me. Today the Berger to McLaren rumours surfaced again. More heads will roll at Woking, I would put money on it or rather, the current majority stakeholders won't put theirs behind Dennis any more. He has failed singularly to raise headline sponsorship and therein lies the tale of the whole McLaren driver indecision to me. There is no doubt that Woking is in turmoil right now and it is my opinion that no one is in a position to negotiate with Alonso or the current drivers. I have seen this scenario before at other teams down the years. If there is a new broom on the way, nothing will be finalised before it arrives. My money is on Berger taking over the F1 side and we may see a brand new TP too. For Button and Alonso there is always Le Mans to consider. Neither one is going to win a WDC this side of 2017 at McLaren and by then all the good seats in the Endurance series will be filled. It's a point of view shared by many in the sport. If drivers like that do move in, we may see a massive downturn in TV revenue and viewers in a Formula that seems to have lost the plot completely.

I am somewhat mystified by what you say there. Granted Ron Dennis taking back the reins of Mclaren does not seem to have worked but correct me if I am wrong but isn't Honda going to provide McLaren with engines? If so I do somehow think that there would be no way that Honda would be involved with a team that on the reported surface appers to be disfunctional. Honda want to /have been and will be a powerful unit, maybe not 2015 but for 2016 yep look out the rest, they have done it before.

I am somewhat mystified by what you say there. Granted Ron Dennis taking back the reins of Mclaren does not seem to have worked but correct me if I am wrong but isn't Honda going to provide McLaren with engines? If so I do somehow think that there would be no way that Honda would be involved with a team that on the reported surface appers to be disfunctional. Honda want to /have been and will be a powerful unit, maybe not 2015 but for 2016 yep look out the rest, they have done it before.

What you say should be the case, all things being equal. I am sure Honda are not privy to boardroom chatter at Woking though, particularly Ron's brief from the Bahranis. Look out the rest for sure but watch Audi move in soon too.