Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrisbaneAndy

More Alonso Madness

Can this really be true? Did Ferrari really sign Vettel without agreeing severance terms with Alonso?

If so, Ferrari have three former WDC in 2015 and two cars. Or maybe three.

They would have one driver who does not want to be there, one who has utterly failed to get pace out of the 2014 car and one who got some pace but was out qualified and outraced by his less fancied team mate.

What a stupid mess.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/505547/Alonso_squeezing_Ferrari_for_big_severance_payout/

Well if they have three cars per team next year, with one of the drivers being rookie, i see no problem!

Only they have to decide who will be rookie between Vettel and Kimi!

Because they both drove like rookies this season!

:D

How embarrassing for our reigning champion. The man wins 4 times in a row, breaking so many records in the process... and yet is left hanging after his announcement because of a nothing like Alonso is in the way.

But at least we can blame Alonso for this too.

Lucky us.

I am fairly confident that Ferrari will buy Alonso off, as they did with Raikkonen.

That just leaves the question as to where Alonso will end up.

Very soon, I will stop caring.

Iam suprised Bernie hasnt caught onto making a "guess who" fernando alonso edition board game. Better be quiet,, he might actually do that.

I reckon Bernie and Ferrari have this all sorted....

3 car team with Alonso / Vettel / Raikkonen.

BUT none of them will be competitive with a Sh#t car like Ferrari have produced over the last few years.

Which makes me think ??? Who will be Red Bull's 3rd driver etc etc etc...

As I see it maybe next year but most likely the year after there will only be 5 teams running... Red Bull / Ferrari / Mercedes / McLaren / Williams / STR, so multiply these teams by 3 and we have 18 cars on the starting line.... but maybe even Williams could be suspect!! That would satisfy Bernies money facts..

Alonso can get lost going to the moon. There is no need for three cars in Ferrari. Kimi is there, after all. And a showdown between him and Vettel is more interesting from my point of view since there seems to be little doubt that all others are already over.

Forza Rosso? Audi? Haas? Stories about building a team around Nando may not be far off the mark and the three car team thing could be why there is such a lack of information coming out of Ferrari and McLaren.

Last interview Alonso gave today makes everything more confusing!

He says he is happy and if everything happens as it should it would be big news for him and Ferrari! And that everything in last few months goes as planned! But he can't say anything and probably will not take sabatical!

I agree, Insider, his latest comments focus on something very ambitious and exciting, good for Ferrari. The only set of circumstances I can see fitting those remarks is a Ferrari collaboration. The Haas thing could perhaps fit.

I see 2015 as a sabbatical, because Dennis will not be blackmailed into a short deal.

I reckon Bernie and Ferrari have this all sorted....

3 car team with Alonso / Vettel / Raikkonen.

BUT none of them will be competitive with a Sh#t car like Ferrari have produced over the last few years.

Which makes me think ??? Who will be Red Bull's 3rd driver etc etc etc...

As I see it maybe next year but most likely the year after there will only be 5 teams running... Red Bull / Ferrari / Mercedes / McLaren / Williams / STR, so multiply these teams by 3 and we have 18 cars on the starting line.... but maybe even Williams could be suspect!! That would satisfy Bernies money facts..

Could you imagine if Ferrari were the only team allowed to run 3 cars, Bernie making an exception because of the situation. Could you imagine the uproar from other teams? I wouldn't put this past either of them though.

He would twist it by saying how good it would be for the sport to have three world champions in the most popular team. He will compensate other teams by saying that ferraris points arnt worth as much as two car teams but if you want to run three cars that's fine.