Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

You've Got To Be Kidding?

Ericsson signs with sauber for 2015, are you serious? What about kobayashi? This guy shouldn't be in f1 IMO but anyway here's the story.

http://www.gptoday.c...15_with_Sauber/

I agree Webric, he shouldn't. However, drivers of his caliber are common throughout the history of F1 and will likely always be there to wind us up. F1 has always had a mix of superstars and has-beens-before-they-started. Remember Taki Inoue, Estaban Tuero, and not forgetting the infamous, incredible, stupendous radio message, "Guys, I'm coming in, I'm having too much grip." of Chanoch Nissany? loljump.giflmavfa.giflmavfa.gif

Who will move asked, Sutil or Guttierrez? I do not really rate either of them, but suspect Guttierrez will stay due to his backing.

Did Nissany really say that?

I had to Google it, 2005, Hungarian GP, when 13 seconds off the pace.

Sutil hasn't really done anything has he? Nor Gutierrez for that matter. So it's hard to say but money will be the issue there. As for nissany, his son just had a test session recently.

Just goes to prove that the best drivers in the world will soon be unemployed if Formula One keeps up at this rate, I can see a break away series coming, it's only a matter of time

Boullier says there are considering 4-5 drivers. Well, if the incumbents are 2 and Vandoorne 3, then Alonso 4 and .........Bottas? See, I think Alonso is forming his own show. I think that is what's going on. Audi field all their WEC cars through Joeste and they may be getting involved. Or, he could be involved in building a B team for Ferrari at Haas. He may drive in the WEC next year while that comes together. Either that or he's off to Lotus. Button is the best all-round package McLaren have had since he signed and dumping him will be a brave decision. I also think it will be 2017/8 before they are out of the woods too if the go without a WDC on board. Breakaway series is a little tricky as I think the TV rights are tied up until 2020?

They need to overhaul the financial side of things in this sport in order for it to survive IMO.

They need to overhaul the financial side of things in this sport in order for it to survive IMO.

There are two huge problems to instigating a NFL style TV money share out [i.e. everyone gets the same]. 1. Ferarri get $100+ just for showing up. They will never give that up - they believe they ARE F1. Now they no longer have the Chrysler-Fiat safety net that represents 30% of their annual budget. There are other considerable sums dished out to RBR, Merc and McLaren. All these teams have to stand on their own two feet, without bonuses if F1 is to survive. They won't - ever. 2. Bernie's contracts with the top teams are written in stone and he could never untangle CVC or FOM from them. These are the mistakes he is alluding to now.

Either that or people catching onto his scam. Not me, I've seen his scam from day dot. Anyone who can pay there way out of jail time is a crook.

Either that or people catching onto his scam. Not me, I've seen his scam from day dot. Anyone who can pay there way out of jail time is a crook.

Politicians are liars and cheats and billionaires are con men and thieves. You knew that - right?

Ohh yeah of course. That's why most of them have massive noses because air is free.