Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Bernie's Nonsense

Seems like every quote I read from our lord Bernie recently just riles me even further.

First there's this one, that no-one would miss Caterham and Marussia, and F1 needs teams like Ferrari, because they're a brand and the other 2 are not. http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/507809/Ecclestone_Nobody_will_miss_Caterham_or_Marussia/

Perhaps, Bernie, they'd be able to establish themselves as a brand if you sorted out the crisis with the fecking costs? And to say they'd be forgotten is an insult to their fanbase and their employees.

Then he says he's got no interest in appealing to the younger generation - http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/507786/Ecclestone_not_interested_in_young_fans/

because they've got no money, so why should he be interested in trying to get them to notice all the sponsor logos? He'd rather F1 attracted older viewers who have money to spend.

Now, compared to Bernie I know nothing about business. But take myself as an example, I started watching when I was 15 and yes I had no money but 16 years later I'm fortunate enough to be able to buy the odd expensive thing so perhaps now I fit in Bernie's demographic; but it was the young petrolhead race-fanatic that drew me to F1 in the first place, so of course we need to appeal to youngsters.

I know F1 has become huge thanks to Bernie turning it into a giant advert for sponsors to pour their millions into just to get a bit of TV-time, but the way he talks it's like he doesn't give the slightest sh*t about actual racing, or the fans, or what F1 was meant to be when it started out. It's just his business and nothing else.

Don't get me started on the money laundering scumbag. It's clear as this and if people can't see it, well I just don't get it. Cost cutting, this has been his favourite word for about ten years now. Why do they have to keep cutting costs for? If the money that was saved was being injected back into the sport, then why continuous cost cutting? Doesn't make sense, where is this money going? Into his fat pocket, the whole lot of it. Cost cutting, yet being in new engines that sky rocket in cost so small teams have no option but to fold. Then he sayes a minimum of 18 MUST be on the grid. Perfect, plan has worked 100% now he can have nothing but "major" names in the sport and sting them with the third car rule to make up the rest of the grid. He is single handedly killed the sport all for the sake of corporate greed. Hope you burn in hell Bernie, you don't fool me you clown.

no interest in the younger generation ??????

Better not tell that to the hordes of "Just out of Nappies" drivers that are coming along.

As usual Bernie talks "VERBAL DIAHREA" time he went on gardening duties.

It's really sad stupid and damn annoying because actually in terms of on track action 2014 has been possiblly the best we have ever seen in f1 but unfortunatley the polotics behind the sport stinks. Formula 1 has sort of hit that critical point that fork in the road if you like and if nothing changes soon and the sports imbalances are not sorted out then there is a good chance that f1 could get decimated within the next decade.

In reallity there are 4 key issues that need to be fixed ( 3 of them are commercial so cough cough they won't be fixed until bernie croaks it ) in a way it is sad that it is sad that it has come to this because bernie has always been bad. But like his good pal Mr Mosley they seem to strart out with good intentions and then the power gets to their head and they end up finsihing there career on an animalistic low point. Berries attempt to screw the teams out of money and shrink the grid is no different to Mosleys obsession with hammering the mclaren team with penalty after penalty for personal reasons (perticlllay bad during 2008).

Ecclestone now says double points at Abu Dhabi is stupid. Apparently double points at the last three rounds was a good idea, though.

I have no idea what he is on about, but I know where the idea for double points came from.

He has gone all senile. He doesn't even know what he sayes anymore. Everything in the past he spoke about, he is doing the opposite. Just like Tony Abbott. F1 politician, that's all he is and he is killing the sport will all of his coy plots and plans. IMO all the teams and drivers should place a vote of no confidence and refuse to race until he is forced to step down. The last comments he has said about he couldn't care about young f1 fans. I started watching when I was a child and does he forget that half the grid are kids? He needs a reality check.

That crack about kids demonstrates that he is interested in the short term only, which makes sense, at his age.

Someone needs to think about the longer term, otherwise F1 will cease to exist.

That crack about kids demonstrates that he is interested in the short term only, which makes sense, at his age.

Someone needs to think about the longer term, otherwise F1 will cease to exist.

As you and I have discussed here before, Andy Bernie is clearly shaping CVC into a flotation-worthy product. In his eyes, only five teams are recognised brands: Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren, Mercedes and to a degree, Williams. Youngsters don't buy shares so, even though they will boost viewing figures and bums on seats, they're out. It is a one-dimensional view targeted on a single event from a man on the edge of dementia for me. Haas is not a brand and where does that fit in. I'd be worried if I were Gene.

As you and I have discussed here before, Andy Bernie is clearly shaping CVC into a flotation-worthy product. In his eyes, only five teams are recognised brands: Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren, Mercedes and to a degree, Williams. Youngsters don't buy shares so, even though they will boost viewing figures and bums on seats, they're out. It is a one-dimensional view targeted on a single event from a man on the edge of dementia for me. Haas is not a brand and where does that fit in. I'd be worried if I were Gene.

It is interesting though that Red Bull, whilst a mega-brand is relatively new to racing compared to the others and had to buy their way in by purchasing an existing team.

How will new teams enter F1? Even if it is a mega-brand. e.g. Benetton....

Good point. Costs are too high. This I Beleive is all a grand plan by Bernie. Raise costs so the little teams fold and all we have left are big manufacturers. To cover the declining grids. The higher profile teams that remain will have to field an extra car.