Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Now It's Official-Vettel Signs 3Yr Deal At Ferrari

It's official. Sebastian Vettel is a Ferrari driver from 2015 on a three year deal.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/11/16648.html

Question is, what happens now? Will Mclaren make an official statement on who will drive for them? Kimi is basically confirmed at Ferrari all though nothing official yet. So that means alonso to Mclaren is almost certain but who will partner him. If its not Button, then I Beleive you don't need the skill that many once thought needed to not only get an f1 seat but to keep it.

to be honest I don't really care who goes where ! I know that's maybe strange but this year there has been SO much talk about where drivers are going that I doubt if anyone is focused on who will win the championship, although I must admit I really don't care about that either this year for some reason !!

The years racing has been disappointing for me on the whole, what with these new power units, none of which will see the light of day in the normal road car we all drive, and hell if they did just think of the maintenance costs of running such a complicated system.

Fi has lost it's way for me this year, and honestly I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel...........and not sure that I will be the ardent fan that I have ben for the past 30 odd years......

Yeah I definatly see your point. As for the "racing" side of things, it's been brilliant, only hampered but these rediculous sounding engines, though I must say, i don't care about the sound anymore iam used to it. That's until I watch an old youtube clip and hear what we took for granted for so long. I Beleive bernies recent run if verbal poop consistanly running from his mouth has put a hamper on things aswell. I think f1 would be doing itself and the fans a favour, if they hired a hit man and took him out. Because that's the only way this senile clown will leave the sport he has trashed.

LOL gotta agree with you there mate. What makes me wonder about people is that the more money they make the more they want? Like for christ sake there is a limited amount you can spend in a lifetime........

Bernie WAS the maker of F1 years ago, now days IMHO he is the destroyer of the same product that he made !!!!

As for the sound of these machines, well when I was at Donington, there were a few bikes practicing on the track and I think maybe ONE other car, didn't get to see what it was, but just by the SOUND it had to be V8 and it had to be Powerful just by the SOUND....Loved it.........

Right, well Seb goes to Ferrari. What possible good it will do either party is yet to be seen. The hold up at Woking is now a huge joke. Christ, they won't even confirm Alonso! Perez has not been confirmed at ForceIndia and I wonder if they are keeping a seat warm for Jenson or Kevin. It is definitely a thought. There is something seriously wrong at McLaren without a doubt. A team of that calibre should be able to figure out what they want without all this theatre. Either Hamilton is going back to Woking [and probably would only do so as WDC] or the senior management are split 50-50 and no one will budge. Failing that, Ron is in a bitter battle with the Bahraini majority shareholders who want him replaced for failing to bring sponsorship on board. That's why they backed him to take control of the F1 team and his deadline is the year end. So, is Ron is waiting on a huge sponsor to confirm and save his job? Whatever it is, it's a goat-**** the like of which I have never seen in 50 years as a fan.

LOL wow I do agree with you mate, but at the end of the day it seems very strange WHY McLaren are so secretive of who will drive their cars this year. I wonder if it's because HONDA aint got it right yet !!!! hey it's not impossible that Honda have not got the performance, and well knowing how the Japanese love to be on top could they be playing it cool, maybe not entering until NEXT year ????

Just being the " Devils Advocate" here :-)

If Ferrari doesn't make competitive car next season they won't in next three years either!

So for Vettel career in Ferrari won't be so fruitful, i believe!

Seb has always had the right combination of talent and luck. I actually think he'll do just fine at Ferrari. I sincerely wish him and Ferrari all the best.

LOL gotta agree with you there mate. What makes me wonder about people is that the more money they make the more they want? Like for christ sake there is a limited amount you can spend in a lifetime........

Bernie WAS the maker of F1 years ago, now days IMHO he is the destroyer of the same product that he made !!!!

As for the sound of these machines, well when I was at Donington, there were a few bikes practicing on the track and I think maybe ONE other car, didn't get to see what it was, but just by the SOUND it had to be V8 and it had to be Powerful just by the SOUND....Loved it.........

Well we all die poor as a peasant don't we? Doesn't matter what you have you can't take it with you.

Now Vettel gets to understand how Alonso felt all of these years being a superior driver but not being able to do much with a bad performing car. Ferrari really need some good engineers and a technical director that knows what they are doing.

G'day mate and welcome. You absolutely right, although IMO I think Vettel isn't as good as alonso.

Alonso I think proved he was better by taking a sub par car and nearly won 2 titles out of it. Vettel needed a dominant car to pull off all of his wins. He won't be able to do outperform Alonso with the same car.

No I don't think so either, iam mean Ricciardo has out done him all year and Vettel has had tons more expereince in that team and knows how they work in and out, Vettel simple got out done, even in Abu Dhabi Ricciardo smoked him. I think it's going to be a tough road ahead for Vettel. Put it this way, if next years car was any better, would Alonso have left? I don't think so.