Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Button Secures 2015 Seat.

There is no official confirmation yet but the BBC have called it and that's pretty solid. JB will essentially be paying £6m to test himself against Nando. No one on Earth is worth what Alonso is reportedly getting and I hope Jenson does some a##-kicking here and there. With K-Mag in the reserve spot, we are talking about a team here.

Just like I said weeks ago. There smartest option is to retain button and have Magnussen move to the third role. Bet he will be used as a threat if either button or alonso fail to perform. It will be a fair combination but I still think button will be a tad behind alonso.

Ron said JB was holding out a bit, got his two years and not as much of a kick in the nuptials on the money side. It makes sense for all involved. K-Mag is still well in the frame and will provide excellent feedback and highly competent cover. If Alonso jumps ship, they lose nothing in performance really. This could be JB's year. I will be good to watch anyway.

Ohh no doubt. I Beleive he will be closer than what Raikkonen was to alonso this year, but in terms if beating him and on a regular basis, iam not sure. But then again, you never know what to expect from Jenson. That's what I learnt watching him. In all honesty, he looked like he hit his peak around 04-06. Well that's what we thought (speaking for majority of f1 fans when saying this IMO) Then he hits his stride, totally unexpected and wins a title. Yeah the brawn was the best car, but it still had to be driven and barrichello is no slouch or was no slouch and continues in to this day as a driver I was totally un expecting to be so good so late. Very much like mika hakkinen in that sense. But he is like a fine wine, just gets better and better, so I've leant never to write of Jenson Button. So this will be his greatest test IMO. Weather you like or hate alonso, in all honest opinion, he is the best out there and if JB can keep up, he has suprised me once again.

Shhhh....we are the only ones left on the forum, I think

Ohh no doubt. I Beleive he will be closer than what Raikkonen was to alonso this year, but in terms if beating him and on a regular basis, iam not sure. But then again, you never know what to expect from Jenson. That's what I learnt watching him. In all honesty, he looked like he hit his peak around 04-06. Well that's what we thought (speaking for majority of f1 fans when saying this IMO) Then he hits his stride, totally unexpected and wins a title. Yeah the brawn was the best car, but it still had to be driven and barrichello is no slouch or was no slouch and continues in to this day as a driver I was totally un expecting to be so good so late. Very much like mika hakkinen in that sense. But he is like a fine wine, just gets better and better, so I've leant never to write of Jenson Button. So this will be his greatest test IMO. Weather you like or hate alonso, in all honest opinion, he is the best out there and if JB can keep up, he has suprised me once again.

Agree wholeheartedly with this, imo JB has been the most underated driver since Chris Amon.... not saying he's the fastest over one lap, but his skill sets and relentless point scoring ability make him a huge asset.

So chuffed he's got a reasonable deal. The the odd coincidence of this being a similar situation to when he thought he was out of a drive before Braun and bagging the WDC is leading me to the bookies (at 33/1 I think). PLaced a bet on '09 and Jense's win paid for a new kitchen.... the missus loves himmeh.png

Agree wholeheartedly with this, imo JB has been the most underated driver since Chris Amon.... not saying he's the fastest over one lap, but his skill sets and relentless point scoring ability make him a huge asset.

So chuffed he's got a reasonable deal. The the odd coincidence of this being a similar situation to when he thought he was out of a drive before Braun and bagging the WDC is leading me to the bookies (at 33/1 I think). PLaced a bet on '09 and Jense's win paid for a new kitchen.... the missus loves himmeh.png

Hahah lol, what a score.

Yup, I got £5K - thanks Jens. It was a whim and 50/1 seemed to good to miss.

I got 2 kids and iam the only income maker. I never see any spare cash to do things like that lol.

Well, I raised six children one way or another but it is never easy, I agree. I gave up drinking 20 years ago, smoking for more than a decade now and a little flutter on my favourite driver is a solitary indulgence with all the kids having flown the nest. You are clearly a caring and conscientious dad - power to you.

Thanks bud. It's hard specially in today's expensive society, one at school and my youngest starts next year. Once the Missus gets out there and works, might be easier then, but for now, it's penny pinching. As for you, if you have put up with kids for so long. It's your reward to indulge after bringing life into this world and teaching them the "tricks of the trade". It takes patience and plenty of love and at the end of the road if iam half as humble as you are, I think ill be quite proud, your a top bloke, can tell just in how you portray yourself on here and how you respond.

Absolutely fantastic news, I was genuinely surprised but it made my day. Button v Alonso let's get it on!

Although with my non-biased hat on I would say Alonso would be more likely to win the points battle, it will NOT be a demolition like he's done to Massa & Kimi, absolutely no chance. Also, Alonso's hardly famed for his 1-lap pace so I think we have a very exciting contest to look forward to, as both excel in the race. Both will feel sure they can beat the other.

JB will be absolutely loving this, his eyes light up when he talks about his 3 years alongside Lewis and now he gets to do it again, ie remind us that he belongs with the best.

Couldnt help noticing a slight dig at Hamilton by Ron, when they were talking about 2007 and Ron said Lewis played his part in starting the whole breakdown.

We should remind ourselves that the best case scenario will still only be fighting for the scraps left behind by Nico & Lewis next year.

Absolutely and I bet your stoaked mate, iam. I also think that button will be closer to alonso than kimi but IMO not close enough. Alonso is this eras schumacher, where no one can beat him IMO. But it will definatly bring the best out of button and like I said before, when Jenson has his back against the wall, that's when he is at his best. Everyone wrote him of when he signed alongside lewis,heck I remember one headline was Jenson will be murdered, far from it and it will be certainly a thrilling battle. Best choice that could have happened and Mclaren now have the strongest lineup I honestly Beleive. The will work well together and it's the smartest move to, as they need to develop that car ASAP and has anyone realised that both nando and JB have a very similar driving style? They both like a snappy car and know how to drive it quick and smooth. I think nando knew this and that's why he wanted button as his partner.

Yea hopefully that will help when it comes to the car development. From what I've read JB has 2 years and has taken a pay cut.

Feels great to know I get to support JB for another 2 years!

It's funny, mclaren have been shockingly bad for 2 seasons, management a bit of a mess, and yet somehow here they are with their own works engine partner and arguably the best driver line-up on the grid.

Yeah that's right. But in these past two seasons we have seen button deliver again and again. Yeah he didnt win races and struggled to get on the podium but you knew that what ever he did on that particular day, is the best that could have been done. He just gets better and better. Age is nothing IF you have a strong and fresh mind and button looks fitter than ever, his attitude and body language is always positive and I've never heard the guy say anything remotely negative. I think he and alonso will get on well to. I think it will be his last two seasons though, but hey, who cares. Iam glad he is here for another two seasons. IMO I think he has signed for the same time alonso has.