Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Haas Is To Use A "customer Car"

With Dallara building the Haas F1 car and NOT the Haas team itself , like all the teams in the past, is this a new way for new teams to participate in F1? It would ahve to be a HUGE cost saving, not having to buy autclaves for Carbon fibre production or wind tunnels etc.

Haas to use Dallara Chassis Ferrari Power unit, and I think Transmission, so in effect the Haas team will be assemblers and tuners of someone elses equipment brought together into ONE package.

Is this the future for F1 ?

I thought its against FIA regs to do that in the first place.

Edit - I say that because, didnt bar want to use Reynard chassis when they first entered the sport but wernt allowed to?

yep I think you are correct mate, but this info is what I have read on here and I have seen no mention that it is not allowed. I guess another of Bernie;s under the desk deals

That's right, it's because he will loose more teams before the "3 car team" rule comes into affect. Least that way if another team folds, to compete in f1 you'll have to run more cars. Heck the rate things are going, each there will be only Ferrari and Mercedes left and they have to field ten cars each. All because Bernie is worried about getting sued by who he ever country because he failed to previde adequate cars to host an event.

Edit - the other thing though, with constant clamp downs on testing every year, it wouldn't suprise me if they phase out testing completly. And the only way that would work, is if there using trialled and tested parts, for example dallara chassis.