Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Not Looking Good For Alonso's Skillset Is It

For 5 years the Ferrari has been a lame duck, that only he can drive. Now it looks like, after 1 year of development from Kimi "The Master" Raikkonen, Ferrari again have a shot at a winning car.

Even Forghieri mentioned how crap Alonso is at car development, with cars getting worse throughout the season, not better. The volume of Alonso's whining increasing inversely proportionally to the performance drop-off.

Alonso has always been overrated, there is no doubt he was asked to leave and he wont help develop McLaren one bit. Speaking of McLaren, Button is of the same ilk as Alonso, only worse. He's not even fast, he can't develop a car and he should have retired already.

http://www.foxsports...ritiqued-013115

For 5 years the Ferrari has been a lame duck, that only he can drive. Now it looks like, after 1 year of development from Kimi "The Master" Raikkonen, Ferrari again have a shot at a winning car.

Even Forghieri mentioned how crap Alonso is at car development, with cars getting worse throughout the season, not better. The volume of Alonso's whining increasing inversely proportionally to the performance drop-off.

Alonso has always been overrated, there is no doubt he was asked to leave and he wont help develop McLaren one bit. Speaking of McLaren, Button is of the same ilk as Alonso, only worse. He's not even fast, he can't develop a car and he should have retired already.

G'day and welcome, although this is not true IMO. Although I don't mind kimi, he is the one overrated. Could barely beat Massa yet alonso distroyed both, double world champion to Raikkonen who was lucky to get his while alonso was battling for a third with Hamilton. Your post is your opinion but I don't think it's correct in my eyes.

But welcome anyway and I hope you enjoy it here as the community is small but all full of top people and vast knowledge.

BTW WELCOME BUD WELCOME

Yes, I believe every word Forghieri said spiral.out

HEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEH

BTW WELCOME BUD WELCOME

Yes, I believe every word Forghieri said spiral.out

HEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEH

Hmmmmm, this new person sounds quite familiar. Another account perhaps?

Hmmmmm, this new person sounds quite familiar. Another account perhaps?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH Webric nice try bud...just look at his signature pic HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....CLASSIC!!!!

I especially love this bit from Forghieri.....""Each year, when he shook the car down, he said everything was perfect, then after a few months he began complaining. A real champion is the one who is able to manage the team."

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

I agree with WebRic. And I think Alonso' been patient with Ferrari, he only complained when he saw things completely unacceptable in a leading F1 team. Fact is Domenicalli was unable to manage the ship and Luca di M. just wanted to walk away to greener pastures.

Alonso made mistakes but that's not what brought Ferrari to the mug. A racing driver is not a car developer he simply provides feedback, that's it. Good or bad feedback you can have your own opinion.

I agree with WebRic. And I think Alonso' been patient with Ferrari, he only complained when he saw things completely unacceptable in a leading F1 team. Fact is Domenicalli was unable to manage the ship and Luca di M. just wanted to walk away to greener pastures.

Alonso made mistakes but that's not what brought Ferrari to the mug. A racing driver is not a car developer he simply provides feedback, that's it. Good or bad feedback you can have your own opinion.

Very well said mate and I agree 100%. People seem to forget how he dragged that car in the positions he did. Heck even Felipe Massa went as far as saying that Alonso is a more complete driver than Schumacher. Although I don't really agree, he would know I guess. He has been distroyed by both of them. Alonso IMO is the closest driver in tha last 10 years to be not only the most consistant but complete driver, very rarely makes mistakes. How's my times have we seen him catch a car at high speeds that most would just loose. When he was battling Schumi in 06, I couldn't stand him as iam a huge Schumi fan, but I knew deep down, he was a very special driver. People must agree as I can't see teams paying his ridiculous salary, if they don't need to.

Alonso is normally highly rated by other drivers, engineers, mechanics, team directors... So yes, he's got something special. He was the only driver that put up a fight against the dominant Vettel/Red Bull package. If Honda can make their power unit provide on track all the power I heard they can provide on a benchmark and McLaren can make good use of the Pirellis we'll have fun very soon.

Well its definitely going to be an interesting season. Unless McLaren come up with a masterstroke Alonso will wallow around in the midfield again which I will enjoy immensely, while Kimi laps him.

Yeah nah, that aint gonna happen. Seb is not fast.

Going of last year, niether is kimi lol. He struggled to beat Massa. Oh I Beleive Massa beat him in 2008 didnt he?

Going of last year, niether is kimi lol. He struggled to beat Massa. Oh I Beleive Massa beat him in 2008 didnt he?

I think spiral.out's point is that Alonso had the whole team dedicated to him as de facto nr1, totally committed for 5 lean years, to the detriment of the other driver. With Kimi it was less political, to the point where Michael, who looked after his protege Massa, basically assisted with development more leaning towards Massa. Kimi would say what he wanted and when ferrari didn't do just that, would shrug it off, never once criticising his team. He left with great respect among the team when he was sacked few years ago...

I think spiral.out's point is that Alonso had the whole team dedicated to him as de facto nr1, totally committed for 5 lean years, to the detriment of the other driver. With Kimi it was less political, to the point where Michael, who looked after his protege Massa, basically assisted with development more leaning towards Massa. Kimi would say what he wanted and when ferrari didn't do just that, would shrug it off, never once criticising his team. He left with great respect among the team when he was sacked few years ago...

Alonso's positions in the championship in the last 5 years should automatically show just how good he really is. Now if Alonso was saying this about Ferrari to the media and like this bs article from one of the Ferrari guys saying it was alonso that couldn't develop the car and blah blah blah, you think there would be some tension in the team right? And most likely was, but if what you say in kimi was well respected and liked by Ferrari and what not and with Ferrari knowing that every year since the end of 2013 had a hunch alonso would leave, don't you think they would have given kimi equal machinery to alonso? I think so. At the end of the day, I always tell it how it is and how I see it. Kimi got smoked, plane and simple, just like Vettel did. Couple of times kimi and seb said they got on top of things, did they? Nope. The results speak for themselves, not always do points and championship positions tell the story, but in this occasion they did. Both got out driven by there team mates all year, even worse in sebs case, being 4x champ and would have had priority over dan when it came to upgrades and stuff and still got beaten. The kimi we saw last year, was a different kimi from 2012/13. Like he lost something. Just my opinion.

Look I've races karts for years and if I haven't set my kart up right, I've learnt to drive around the issue as much as I could have, most of the time within a few laps I would have it figured out,of course it would change throughout the race once tyre wear became a factor but thats something everyone suffered but yet I still managed to drive around the issue, weather it by due to tyre pressures or axle track or sprocket or anything. The point iam trying to make is you learn to adapt and that's an element every succesful karter must have. I think kimi struggles in that department a bit more than alonso does. Same as some karters I've raced, some can figure it out better than others. Like I've races guys where I just couldn't figure out how he was faster than me through a certain section as you always think you have done you best through there when simply you haven't. Sometimes you figure out and make the time, sometimes you simply can't and it blows your mind. I think this is exactly what happened to kimi. Everytime something new came, he couldn't figure it out as he was so far behind just trying to drive the car. I've always seen the ferraris like a Ducati from motogp, only certain people can drive them fast and win races. We have has some brilliant drivers in the red cars and some couldn't do the job we expected them to do.

We have has some brilliant drivers in the red cars and some couldn't do the job we expected them to do.

Are you talking about Alonso or Kimi, cause Alonso certainly could'nt do the job over 5 years at Ferrari? Not only was Kimi their last world champion, but Kimi's success rate at wins was higher than Alonso's. At 3 races per season while Alonso is at 2.2. Or are you talking about the car that was fundamentally flawed from right at the beginning of the year with Allison stating that Kimi's problem with the car could'nt be fixed during the year?

www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24187/9435762/james-allison-doubts-kimi-raikkonens-handling-problem-can-be-solved

Please pick your excuse...

Man kimi was handed his only world title, and who was fighting for the title that year for majority of the season? Alonso. Kimi hasn't had bad cars to drive at Ferrari except for last season. Where as the only half decent Ferrari alonso had was in 2010. How is the result of a car a drivers fault? He can only relay data and his preferred settings, he can't alter a chassis or aero dynamics. How many times have we heard "kimi's car issues solved" ill Beleive it when I see it.

Here's a trivia for u Webric. Which driver had input into the 2007 Mclaren car in which Alonso and Hamilton fought for the 2007 title and was the class of the field that year?

It wouldn't have been Raikkonen that's for sure, why would a team let there secrets out to a driver who is leaving the team? That's why Vettel was excluded from all if Redbull's meetings about the 2015 car once they knew he was leaving. He was dirty about it to, just put him further behind ricciardo, can't have your cake and eat it to.

Ok lets look at a few facts.

1 - Alonso has had 5 years with Ferrari, the car has sucked and he's done nothing. Kimi is in the team for one year and the following season the car looks half decent straight out of the box. Pretty self explanatory. Same at Lotus, Kimi turned that car around and produced crazy results. Now this was predicted, this years car was expected to be fast because those that know Kimi knew he could develop the car. All the Alonso lovers were like "oh look Kimis getting smashed and Alonso is so great I just want to drop to my knees and...." This car is going to get better throughout the year too. Ferrari will return, and this time you will have no choice but to accept that Alonso is nothing but an over-rated soap opera actress.

2 - Kimi did not have a title handed to him, but his team mate did assist. Titles can be won or lost on a knife edge. Examples of having a title handed to you is Jenson Button and Vettel to a certain extent. Not so much Hamilton because his team mate was fairly competitive.

3 - Racing a kart has nothing remotely to do with driving a formula 1 car. How you can compare the two in the same sentence beggars belief. So you can make your little adjustments with your screwdriver on your little trailer, leave the big boys and their million dollar cars and their $500,000,000 budgets out of the comparison. This is the cutting edge of motorsport where hundredths of a second per lap matter and the drivers can drive for 90 minutes without a single error, not your local playground with your go-pro and your mums lamingtons for lunch!

king.gif

Driving a kart has nothing to do with driving an f1 car. Are you insane? Why do you think that all the drivers go back to racing karts in there spare time. Because a kart is the closest thing steering response wise there is to an f1 car. Nothing else come close, even the g forces put into comparison with the speed is almost the same. As for button and Vettel winning there titles, they had to drive the car still, kimi just so happened to be there to pick up the scraps after the battle between alonso and Hamilton went pear shaped. Kimi is over the hill, if he comes back to the form we saw in his Mclaren years and even lotus ill eat my words but looks unlikely IMO, especially now Vettel is there who I hold in higher reguard than I ever did kimi.

Oh besides there not facts, there your beleifs your trying to push of as facts. Nothing you can say will make me change my opinion on kimi as I have always thought he was over rated and I can say that because its my opinion, weather you like it or not that's tough.

This iceman thing is blown way out of proportion, he made countless mistakes in 2008, he had trouble containing Massa for crying out loud and we all know what a blow in the wind he turned out to be. Not to mention he just had a child and iam waiting for him to fall victim to "father syndrome" that most of these drivers get once having a child as they realise there is more to life than risking your life week in and out. Your comments about kart drivers alone show to me you have no idea what your talking about.

A Formula One car and a kart are two completely different beats, with very different characteristics. A kart is an extremely light, short, small device that goes fast in a tight environment. Alternatively, an F1 car is a sophisticated cutting edge piece of technology that possesses performance far beyond what a kart can even dream of. They are so far apart that its is like comparing the Wright brothers with an F15.

Now, just because F1 drivers like to drive karts and often start there doesn't mean they are a valid comparison. How many drivers came straight from karting to F1? To them its a slowed down, simplified, stress free bit of fun, nothing more. No doubt karting is a closer comparison in racing style to F1 than most other forms of Motorsport, but I think you're just trying to big up yourself. Also saying g-force in relation to speed is the same is like saying that your daughters pulling the same g's on her push buggy because its all relative. Sorry to destroy your delusions of grandeur!

I don't know why you keep saying "that's my opinion, and that's tough" and "that's my opinion and you cant change it". Just relax. People who wont allow their opinions to change are the reason for the inquisition. Its 2015, you need to have an open mind.

Also here's a free grammar lesson for you:

http://www.grammar-m...heir_theyre.htm

http://www.wikihow.c...You're-and-Your

Peace. shades.gif

PS Alonso sucks ahahaaaaaahahaaa