Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Does Anyone Gamble On F1?

I was thinking of taking a punt since last year was so clear cut and this year is likely to be similar (at the front end).

Current odds for WDC are:

L Hamilton 1.62

N Rosberg 3.50

D Ricciardo 15.00

S Vettel 15.00

F Alonso 17.00

J Button 34.00

V Bottas 34.00

K Raikkonen 34.00

Might be worth a dollar on Hamilton.

Obviously the bookmakers have no idea how crap Alonso is, and how he will develop his car to a standstill this year, or he would be much higher odds.

Why not put something on kimi, you adamant he will win so you will be rich.

Well you never know, I remember someone here put some money done on JB in 2009 and managed to pay for a new kitchen.

Oh yeah that was Insider I think. The equivalent this year would be like putting £1 on Max Chilton.

I'm sometimes tempted to gamble but thus far have never actually done it.

Spiral maybe you should place a bet on Alonso being beaten by Jenson this year, as Alonso is so awful?

Oh yeah that was Insider I think. The equivalent this year would be like putting £1 on Max Chilton.

I'm sometimes tempted to gamble but thus far have never actually done it.

Spiral maybe you should place a bet on Alonso being beaten by Jenson this year, as Alonso is so awful?

kUjFUDY.gif

Hold on the 2008 mclaren was a title winner, Alonso must've 'developed' it very well.

And the Renaults got progressively better whilst he was there until he left, but oddly that hasnt been mentioned in these debates, I wonder why???

I did mention both of those Jem but the conveniently get "overlooked",see solid facts seem to go walk abouts in these debates.

Back in 2005 when Ferrari bought their new car to San Marino, and at the time, when Ferrari bought in a new car, it means good luck to the fellow constructors, I desperately wanted to put money on him, but he made his mistake in qualifying, and he crawled all over Fernando Alonso in the final stages, but Alonso won the race, and I thought to myself, that was a sign to never put any money on sport, and I never have or done so, other wise the sport we enjoy watching, will turn into a business, and I don't want that, I just want to be happy with the out come of any race result without me spitting feathers about it, unless Sebastien Vettel wins a race, then I'm spewing my guts up for 3 days straight and asking for seconds!!!!! lol

Think of all the talent that has missed out on race seats due to other drivers who arnt as talented but bring more money.

I was thinking of taking a punt since last year was so clear cut and this year is likely to be similar (at the front end).

Current odds for WDC are:

L Hamilton 1.62

N Rosberg 3.50

D Ricciardo 15.00

S Vettel 15.00

F Alonso 17.00

J Button 34.00

V Bottas 34.00

K Raikkonen 34.00

Might be worth a dollar on Hamilton.

Obviously the bookmakers have no idea how crap Alonso is, and how he will develop his car to a standstill this year, or he would be much higher odds.

hehehehehe. ...to a standstill.

Hahahahaha. brilliant

Least the bookies have something right, alonso has double the chance of kimi, just like the points last season.

Hahahhaha now THAT is brilliant.

Can't wait for the excuses this season, see with me IF kimi does well, I won't fail to admit that like I've done in the past, but others won't praise there "disliked" driver no matter how well he does, pretty sad IMO.

I see that Alonso has already developed the car straight into a wall. Not a good start.

Ah, just saw this now, check out the comments from other f1 enthusiasts in the predictions thread. Maybe he shouldn't make mistakes developing the cars too and just add his .6 seconds without lifting a finger

Yes, not a good start at all

So Mclaren with having problems with the top mount style radiator and seals, is alonso's fault to? Would be if kimi was there but fernando, not a chance.

So Mclaren with having problems with the top mount style radiator and seals, is alonso's fault to? Would be if kimi was there but fernando, not a chance.

Yep, definitely Beardfonso's fault. Drew them a rough scamp just after he signed for them of those top mount style radiator and seals. Insisted on them developing just that. Insisted!

Now they found out it doesn't actually work, no wonder!!!

Yep, definitely Beardfonso's fault. Drew them a rough scamp just after he signed for them of those top mount style radiator and seals. Insisted on them developing just that. Insisted!

Now they found out it doesn't actually work, no wonder!!!

58630627-lol-reaction.gif

One can only assume that Lewis Hamiton must be the best car developer in F1, not Kimi Raikkonen.

As soon as Lewis left the mclaren has been dreadful ever since. He joined Merc, they instantly improved then drastically improved some more.

That's if we're sticking to this ridiculous logic of giving all credit to the driver for a car's competitiveness.

That's right. Then how good is alonso? The 2005 Renault wasn't crash hot yet he developed that into the best car of 2006. Bet it won't work this way round hey Jem?

Barrichello must be awful at car development. He arrived at Honda who gave him a good car, then for the next 2 seasons they were nowhere.

But then in 2008 Rubens & Jenson must've suddenly got much, much better at car development.

I always thought Rory Byrne was a key member of the Ferrari dream team but perhaps he's been over-rated and it was actually Eddie Irvine being amazing at car development.

You might be on to something Jem.

4241033-3886633-2559988948-37837.gif

Does that mean we could imply this outlook towards everything? So Hakkinen finally learnt how to drive or win when he finally took his first win in Jerez 97 after so many years of being lightning quick. Or Schumacher didnt try hard enough in 97/98, nah he must of forgot how to win the championship again.

Oh better say the last part is sarcasm before some people use them as facts, hey Jem