Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Alonso To End His Career At Mclaren

He said he would retire at Ferrari. We have to wait and see as f1 experts even say once Mclaren hits it's stride, they will be a front running team. John Watson and David coulthard said that.

Go to bbc.co.uk/sport and check out Lewis's latest column. His opinion on Alonso is rather different to yours spiral.out!

Yeah I saw that, iam done bringing up articles like that though as others fail to see the opinion of others but want us to see there's.

Gee you found that quick, is it in your favourites list? Along with Justin Bieber and backstreet boys hey? I think the post above that applies more to you more than lewis. But hey iam not one to judge, whatever floats your boat buddy. And for the last time NO I don't want to borrow your Gary glitter album.

Lauda doesn't seem to have a high opinion of Alonso either.

Lauda, a non-executive chairman at the Mercedes team, says Vettel is exactly what Ferrari needed, labeling Alonso as "dark".

"Alonso is egocentric, dark and grumpy," Lauda told the Repubblica newspaper.

"He's also quite negative. Last year right after the races finished he started criticising: this doesn't work, there's a problem there, this is why we are not winning.

"How can you keep the morale of a team up if the driver just says bad things? Everybody knows it: if you are racing for Italy that's an attitude you can't afford.

"Maybe somewhere else they can ignore the criticism, but not at Maranello and its surroundings. Vettel is sunny, Alonso is dark.

"He made the wrong decision. He pushed himself into the abyss."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/egocentric-alonso-was-bad-for-ferrari-lauda-551786/

More evidence of what many of us have suspected for years. And there are plenty more quotes from current and ex Ferrari team personnel, and other F1 pundits as well that are not kind to Alonso. Heck he couldn't or wouldn't agree on what really happened in his Barcelona crash. I mean that whole situation was a joke. But that's what you get when you team up with Alonso.

More evidence of what many of us have suspected for years. And there are plenty more quotes from current and ex Ferrari team personnel, and other F1 pundits as well that are not kind to Alonso. Heck he couldn't or wouldn't agree on what really happened in his Barcelona crash. I mean that whole situation was a joke. But that's what you get when you team up with Alonso.

Yeah saw that. I tried hard to like Alfonso when he started out in F1, but just couldn't. He's a negative, duplicitous, self absorbed cry baby.

And back to the OP topic. Alonso has proven time and time again he's not a man of his word. Of course he's going to say he wants to end his career with Ferrari McLaren or whatever is his current team when he finally leaves F1. How would it look if he said he wanted to end it with Mercedes when he's driving for another team lol?

And back to the OP topic. Alonso has proven time and time again he's not a man of his word. Of course he's going to say he wants to end his career with Ferrari McLaren or whatever is his current team when he finally leaves F1. How would it look if he said he wanted to end it with Mercedes when he's driving for another team lol?

lolz good point. Truth is he will move to whoever buys Marussia and end up retiring in the garage as the team runs out of money.

Even I would be sad for him if that happened lol. If Renault buy into Torro Rosso, and who knows Flav takes on a role in the team, that would make more sense if he retired in that environment.

Lauda's a bloody hypocrite, he was worse than fernando when he was driving, what a Fnnn clown.

He's like JV. Says alot of crap, and every now and then something that really makes sense. But what he said about Alonso isn't crap, because others closer to Ferrari have said just as much. People who have worked with Alonso, both past and present Ferrari people. So in this regard, what Lauda said isn't rubbish for a change.

Yeah it might be true but IMO it's disrepectful, the only driver who has come close to bringing them a title in the last 5yrs and they say this? If its true its pretty bad, I've said it before, if I was a driver I would never bag a fellow driver it's disrepectful and unprofessional IMO. Be different if he didnt bring any results and he carried on like a two bob watch but to finish 2nd 3x in the title race in 5 years is pretty darn good concidering the cars they have given him couldn't burst through a wet paperbag but anyway that's my opinion and ill get shot for this comment so ill stop here.

Does anyone remember a quote a month or so ago from a Ferrari person, or insider who said that Alonso would always say that he was really happy with the car in the beginning of the year, during testing etc., but would then complain about it during the year and not be so. Thus it made it very very difficult for the designers and tech guys to understand his feedback and so on?

In the after races interviews, he said the same thing about McLaren. That was was REALLY REALLY happy about the development of the car. Sounds to me as though it's just more of the same. How can you be happy with how Honda and McLaren are now? As a racing fan I'm not. As a driver if I was ever one, and in that team right now, I would not be happy. Yes if progress is being made that is good, but he was going on almost like he was a Merc driver at present.

True but arnt you always going to say at the start of the new season that your car is good? Afterall you have to play mind games with your rivals and try psyche them out. You don't hear heavyweight boxers before a title match say that they put in months of prep for no reason because there going to loose. I Beleive the same applies here,plus the more and more you drive the car, more and more faults would become apparent.

No this was a particular Alonso trait. Being given feedback that everything is great, means it makes it so much harder for the engineers to then find performance and fix issues.

There is playing the party line and being optimistic and not wanting to show your weaknesses, and there is what Alonso does. I mean he didn't agree with Ron as to what was the issue with his Barca crash. Thus he doesn't always say what the team wants him to. But it really brings into question his feedback and skills as a driver who can push forward the team. He failed miserably in his second stint at Renault. That car never improved and took a farcical Singapore sling crash by his team mate to secure a race win. Anyway, I found it interesting he was doing exactly what someone from Ferrari said he had done there. Basically saying all was great, the car great etc.

Yeah but going back to his second Renault stint the car WAS crap and that's down to Fisichella and his development skills but aside from the Singapore delema he did win the next race in Japan also and that was on merit. He brought Renault out of the doldrums and won two consecutive titles and beat the king Michael Schumacher in the process and that was in a straight out fight. Although IMO if Schumi didnt have his engine failure in Suzuka that year he would have been champion but to say alonso can't develop a car is utter rubbish and 2005/2006 prooves just that. Once he left Renault, they nose dived, fisi couldn't do anything as team leader and soon as alonso returns, wins two races back to back in a terrible car, yeah he inherited a win do a fraudulent expereince but a win is a win.

So much nonsense from Alonso haters! Team members cried when he was leaving! If he was such bad guy why would they do that!?

If you have best driver in the world than you are expected to work at best level that you are able to!

Some Ferrari members could not cope with that and now saying bad things about him!

What I find funny is people Beleive the first thing they read and not question the source or look at it from another perspective yet they do that towards the own favourite driver. If people are going to claim sources are incorrect and blah blah blah, they have to have that outlook on every single story weather they like the driver or not otherwise there is simply no point beleiving anything anyone sayes.

So true, so true. Lauda was in tears. I bet he could barely cope working in his job for MERCEDES.

nonsense

Laudas a prick who here remembers the common rants he used to have when Redbull was dominating? He would be the one leading the witch hunt against Redbull for blown diffusers and flexing body work now the shoe is on the other foot and he is happy yet nothing is being done to reel in Mercedes like they did to Redbull and I know the reason why. It's because Bernie wants merc power for the entire grid he even said that himself. So Bernie just moves another one if his chess pieces into play. I can see it all falling apart for merc as nico is disgusted and it's a shame as lewis is driving incredibly well and he will be punished as nico will do what seems to be a German trait out on the circuit and take things into his own hands,Schumi and Vettel style.

Does anyone remember a quote a month or so ago from a Ferrari person, or insider who said that Alonso would always say that he was really happy with the car in the beginning of the year, during testing etc., but would then complain about it during the year and not be so. Thus it made it very very difficult for the designers and tech guys to understand his feedback and so on?

Yep theres mounting evidence about this moron and his inability to direct development of the car.

I can see it all falling apart for merc as nico is disgusted and it's a shame as lewis is driving incredibly well and he will be punished as nico will do what seems to be a German trait out on the circuit and take things into his own hands,Schumi and Vettel style.

Nah, Rosberg wont be able to get close enough to cause Hamilton trouble.

Well a great result today for Alonso, as he winds his career down with McLaren. Defeated in qualifying then losing for most of the race to Button. Shame Button decided to have a brain fade and faceplant into the back of another car. I dont know why McLaren decided to go with those two drivers. What a waste of time. McLaren used to be a prestigious team but performance and weird hiring strategy is killing them.