Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Kimi On Track For 2016?

Looks like Kimi is impressing the right people. I reckon at this point he is about 0.1s to 0.15s down on pace on Vettel, Now bear in mind he is 35 now and Vettel is 27 so thats pretty f%^*ing awesome. Ferrari obviously know he's the man.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/522148/Kimi_Raikkonen_on_track_for_F1_2016_Ferrari_deal/

Webric, maybe this will help you in this current situation. I would say I know your pain, but I dont,

http://lifehacker.com/5879968/how-to-know-when-youre-wrong-and-what-you-can-do-about-it

Man all I can say is well done. You'll have another season of seeing kimi getting his anus smashed by the finger, but he knows what his doing. Ferrari must have rocks in there heads or they want to put the food on his table as no one else will. As for that second link, is that somewhere you have visited quite frequently due to fernando alonso.

Then again, they kept offering mark webber contract extensions didnt they?

I hope Kimi does stay on next year but that article is typical of gptoday stories, the sources for the info (which the journalist fabricates a story from) are woefully weak. Just embarrassingly weak

Well tbh kimi is there best bet to retain but based on results now and last season, if he doesn't step it up IMO there is a couple of young guns who would relish the chance. Give hulk ago IMO, he deserves a decent seat. Kimi really needs to step it up against seb or he is just going to fall further and further behind. Tbh finishing over 100 points behind alonso deserves some questioning after all they kept threatning Massa who was atleast getting the occasional podium.

I think if he can at least stay close to Seb then he's got a good chance of staying. It's only if Seb 'destroys' him that I think Kimi should be booted out, but on current evidence that's not going to happen.

Hakkinen/DC and Vettel/Webber are examples of line-ups that worked well desite one being generally quicker than the other

How do you see it then? Do you make the assumption that alonso is better than seb because kimi is staying closer to seb than alonso? Because that's how I see it but see then i have this question. Do you think alonso was more tight lipped on data sharing than seb? That's the reason the gaps are different?

Put Alonso & Seb together and yea, I reckon Alonso would edge it. Seb didn't have a good year in 2014 but I don't think he'll have many more. A lot of the top guys have had 'off - years'.

I still think Kimi underperformed far too badly last year, no matter how uncomfortable he was with the car.

Hard to explain the gaps but I've never heard of Alonso refusing to data-share!

He has to prove his worth. He has started this season well(far better than last year). I feel if he is consistent the whole season he could be given another. Just because his consistency wil help ferrari for WCC. Else they should sign someone else whp really deserve the seat. Hulk perhaps.

I thought Esteban would replace kimi for 2016 because of the sponsors he is bringing!

Guys, I've been very impressed with hulk in the past, now nowadays I don't know hey...??? He looks pretty average to me lately, I mean, i want to believe, but not so sure anymore...

Yea but he hasn't had the car recently either had he?

Yeah I could agree with that and tbh it might happen as ricciardo is Italian decent so I think Ferrari would love to have a sort of Italian back in there cars. I don't see dan staying at Redbull much longer unless they really get there stuff sorted but from what I was reading Renault have said there is no quick fix for there issues and its only delaying the inetivable. Dan will get an offer from someone big and he will leave, it's the nature of the sport, kvyat will stay and steer the ship with Verstappen.

Yeah I could agree with that and tbh it might happen as ricciardo is Italian decent so I think Ferrari would love to have a sort of Italian back in there cars. I don't see dan staying at Redbull much longer unless they really get there stuff sorted but from what I was reading Renault have said there is no quick fix for there issues and its only delaying the inetivable. Dan will get an offer from someone big and he will leave, it's the nature of the sport, kvyat will stay and steer the ship with Verstappen.

How long is his contract with RBR tho?

I got no idea, that would be something to find out. I think it could be next season aswell which would work out well. Keep kimi for 2016 and sign ricciardo for 2017. Because if I remember rightly when he joined Redbull last year they said it was a three year deal but I could be wrong.

I got no idea, that would be something to find out. I think it could be next season aswell which would work out well. Keep kimi for 2016 and sign ricciardo for 2017. Because if I remember rightly when he joined Redbull last year they said it was a three year deal but I could be wrong.

Also he does kind of owe them. They have put a lot into him as well.

That is true, but Redbull have to expect that he will get offers that will be to hard to refuse, especially as he has developed so fast into a solid front runner despite the crap he has this season. But ricciardo hasn't really hinted on where he would like to go, unlike seb who for years said he would love to drive for Ferrari, dan hasn't said anything. Maybe even partner him with lewis and oust Rosberg maybe.

Hulkenberg was flavour of the month for a while but yea it has faded a bit. Sure the car's not great but he needed to have dominated Perez to keep that mantle as 'next big thing'.

Historically Ferrari don't really care if their drivers are Italian.

Rosberg's contract is up in 2016, he could be the only one free to drive for Ferrari in 2017!

That makes me think about bianchi. Surley he would have been the one in the running for that Ferrari seat after kimi. Bloody so sad that story, a waste of brilliant talent.

Rosberg's contract is up in 2016, he could be the only one free to drive for Ferrari in 2017!

Well they were stupid enough to hire Alonso, so anything is possible.

I want some of what the Ferrari management is smoking because to rehire kimi was a true brain fart. They must have some good smoke because. Lol

Ah yea the idiots. Stupidly hired Schumi too, he developed that 2004 Ferrari into a dog

Schumaker is over-rated. He had every advantage in that team including things other teams couldn't even get.

I want some of what the Ferrari management is smoking because to rehire kimi was a true brain fart. They must have some good smoke because. Lol

Kimi would have a good dealer.

How is Schumi overrated? He singke handedly built that Ferrari team. Get the right people who knew would give him the advantage. There hasn't been one driver in f1 history that built a team as succesful as he did not even senna. He got everything he deserved and not only that, he was the driver to beat if you wanted a championship. Name one driver who was as succesful as him for so long. From 1994-2006 he was the man to beat. Hill,villeneuve,hakkinen,alonso all had Schumi to beat for there titles. No one in history has had a period as long as he did at the top.

As for kimi i bet he would get hold of some wild stuff especially knowing the dudesons lol.

@Webric, You don't need what the Ferrari management are smoking. You brain is farting all by itself. And will continue to do so for many years to come. Any other drivers that you would like to insult?

From 1994-2006 he was the man to beat. Hill,villeneuve,hakkinen,alonso all had Schumi to beat for there titles.

Indeed.

Take it easy, though. There are times when you sound like the crazies...