Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Wtf Is Rosberg Doing?

Ok, I have never rated Rosberg. He's a journeyman, a Button, or a Coulthard. He's never beaten anyone of any real note, and don't say MS cause that guy was so far over the hill when he returned he was rolling down the other side.

Now however, he's even worse. He's whining with Alonso-like flair. Crying like a Villeneuve. Making Bernie-like statements of insanity. i couldnt believe my eyes and ears with some of his comments after the last GP and Im sure you couldnt either. I think the Times summed it up with "Lewis Hamilton reduced Nico Rosberg 'to a ranting wreck in Shanghai'".

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12529/9803577/chinese-gp-papers-hamilton-reduces-rosberg-to-a-ranting-wreck

PS: If I havent insulted your favourite driver please let me know and I'll try to get it in there :P

He has lost it hasn't he? His edge over hamton was his rock solid mental state, but he has lost that and i think that's because the only edge he ever had over Hamilton was his steady qualifying results, but this season so far lewis has taken hold of it and I think nico now fears that if he can't beat lewis in qualify that the race is already over and tbh it is. Lewis was the more fragile minded out of the pair but this season so far we have seen a totally different Hamilton. He is solid as a rock and Rosberg has lost it and it will only snowball now that he has shown lewis his weakness. He needs to step it up big time but iam affraid lewis is simply to good for him ATM. Toto has already stated that team orders might need to come into play to beat Ferrari so in other words nico is going to play blocker so expect more rants in the near future.

He has lost it hasn't he? His edge over hamton was his rock solid mental state, but he has lost that and i think that's because the only edge he ever had over Hamilton was his steady qualifying results, but this season so far lewis has taken hold of it and I think nico now fears that if he can't beat lewis in qualify that the race is already over and tbh it is. Lewis was the more fragile minded out of the pair but this season so far we have seen a totally different Hamilton. He is solid as a rock and Rosberg has lost it and it will only snowball now that he has shown lewis his weakness. He needs to step it up big time but iam affraid lewis is simply to good for him ATM. Toto has already stated that team orders might need to come into play to beat Ferrari so in other words nico is going to play blocker so expect more rants in the near future.

I agree. Hamilton has ditched Szherzinger eh? Now he's a force to be reckoned with.

I reckon get Kimi into Mercedes tho, he would pwn Hamilton.

Lol not a chance mate. Lewis is way to strong ATM, if kimi can't beat fernando and is struggling to match seb, he doesn't stand a chance IMO. Maybe kimi in his Mclaren days but not now. I rekon he would struggle to even match Rosberg tbh.

Lol not a chance mate. Lewis is way to strong ATM, if kimi can't beat fernando and is struggling to match seb, he doesn't stand a chance IMO. Maybe kimi in his Mclaren days but not now. I rekon he would struggle to even match Rosberg tbh.

You keep forgetting, Alonso turned that car into a steaming pile of cow dung that only he can drive. They worked with Kimi to make a decent car.

Hamilton is fast tho, no doubt.

That's something we have to disagree on mate, the engine along with poor management in the team. After there restructure and sorting out the hp deficit to Mercedes, Ferrari now only have a car worthy or exploiting both kimi and sebs skills. But I do think kimi is at his peak now, otherwise he would have showed it already. But then again it's his qualifying that's killing possible good results for him. I guess ill do another asessmemt if kimi gets ontop of his qualy issues.

Rosbergs a knob, I don't care what anyone says, his just a knob, but I'd perfer him over Vettel, his complaints on the 2-way the other day was just pathetic, he sounds like a beaten man only 3 races into the season, yeah Kimi, his got to be the most over rated driver of the past 10 years, his won 1 title, was beaten by Massa in 08, in 09 was getting thrashed by Felipe until the accident, and everyone is quick to pick on Felipe if he has a bad race (myself included), he had to get paid out to leave the sport, then he came back to a pretty good team, with a driver who was literally a rookie, and he did well in 2012, but by the 2nd half of 13, Grosjean was the leading driver on the track it felt like, then he got smashed by Fernando last year, and his keeping up with the 2nd most over rated driver on the grid, Sebastien Vettel, so yeah, Kimi is a good driver, no question, but his too over hyped

I agree 100% not to mention his title was won because Mclaren stuffed it up. Everyone knows 2007 it was either Hamilton or alonso who would win, just poor management handed it to kimi.

Kimi hasn't really ever built a solid championship campaign, 2005 was his best year and he lost it to alonso who's Renault wasnt as good as the Mclaren either.

Hamilton was not mentally strong. last season rosberg had that edge. The reason he made so many mistakes in qualifying.

Now hamilton , after winning the championship is pretty confident so the mental games nico playing is not working. I am sure nico has to accept he is just a second fiddle to hami. No way he is winning that battle.

btw i dont think kimi would match hami. Kimi is not the same driver he once was.

Kimi hasn't really ever built a solid championship campaign, 2005 was his best year and he lost it to alonso who's Renault wasnt as good as the Mclaren either.

say that again?

The Renault was reliable AND fast!, Kimi's Mclaren kept breaking down?

Kimi and fernando both had almost equal retirements, go do the research, alonso just made better of his opportunities. Iam serious, go have a proper look, you'll be suprised that they both had the same ammount of retirements and it was the Mclaren that was faster. It wasnt until 2006 that the Renault was actually faster than basically every car on the grid maybe with the exception of Ferrari.

They had equal retirements but I remember being frustrated (as a McLaren fan) that Kimi had to start from the back a few times due to having to change his gearbox or engine.

Spiral How very dare you call Button a journeyman!!! meh.png

Ok kimi fans I've done the research on 2005 and here it is

Wins:

Kimi-7

Fernando-7

2nds:

Kimi-3

Fernando-5

3rds:

Kimi-2

Fernando-3

Retirements:

Kimi-4

Fernando-2

Poles:

Kimi-5

Fernando-6

Championship standings:

Fernando 1st-133

Kimi 2nd-112

Now the fact kimi had two more retirements and finished 21 points behind fernando meant he had to win those two extra races he didnt retire from and that would still make him fall short to fernando by one point so IMO it was pretty even but fernando still beat him. What excuses are there now? Like I said kimi would have had to WIN those two extra races to come close to fernando. So fernando made better of what he had more seconds and thirds. Proof is in the pudding guys and this was kimis most competitive season to date and still failed.

I don't like Kimi but you haven't mentioned there that Kimi had THREE grid penalties in 2005 thanks to unreliability, basically giving away possible wins

That is true, but once again he would have to win those races to beat fernando.

They had equal retirements but I remember being frustrated (as a McLaren fan) that Kimi had to start from the back a few times due to having to change his gearbox or engine.

Spiral How very dare you call Button a journeyman!!! meh.png

teeheehee

I don't like Kimi but you haven't mentioned there that Kimi had THREE grid penalties in 2005 thanks to unreliability, basically giving away possible wins

Yep thats it in a nutshell. That was Kimi's year, and he was lightning quick. No doubt. I remember how angry I used to get at his bloody cars.

I used to constantly argue on this very forum with 1 or 2 guys who were adamant that Kimi was a car-breaker, ie causing his own failures. I rated JPM very highly, and he couldn't beat Kimi regularly

Yep thats it in a nutshell. That was Kimi's year, and he was lightning quick. No doubt. I remember how angry I used to get at his bloody cars.

Ohh come on bro, you just read what you want to read, I posted the proof and its STILL not good enough. Where's this fantasy land you come from? I would like to visit as an escape from reality is just what I need.

I used to constantly argue on this very forum with 1 or 2 guys who were adamant that Kimi was a car-breaker, ie causing his own failures. I rated JPM very highly, and he couldn't beat Kimi regularly

Yeah I don't know about this. By the time Jpm joined Mclaren I think he lost his motivation by then. Jpm when at Williams would have been more than a hand full for kimi. Kimi isn't even in the same league as Mika hakkinen and Mika wasn't even classed as an all time great.

Hakkinen was like lighting but, so fast, don't 4-get the season he put together in 03 was a bit like Fernando's 05, super consistent n reliable, the difference is.... Fernando closed the deal n Kimi didn't, but in 03 the competition let's admit was far more stronger than it was in 05, I thought Hakkinen was granted as a all time legend?