Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Bottas To Replace Raikkonen?

Absolute rubbish fabricated by a desperate journalist. "Media sources say a preliminary contract has been signed" - what sources? "The rumours also suggest..." - what rumours? The only quotes are from Hakkinen who was talking about something completely unrelated (the last race)

I've read it on a couple if sites now though, so it's hard to tell really, but it is most likely rubbish, we will have to just wait and see i suppose.

LOL. Hard to tell lol. What a load of bs. Bottas is nowhere near the level Ferrari would demand in a driver. I read the earth is flat on a couple of websites too.

Last week they were going on about Hamilton to Ferrari, I would love to see Daniel Ricciardo in a merc, or in a better donkey than what his in at the moment, Red Bull aren't the team they once were that's for sure and it would be a crying shame to see such a talented racer in the peak of his career getting wasted on sub par machinery

LOL. Hard to tell lol. What a load of bs. Bottas is nowhere near the level Ferrari would demand in a driver. I read the earth is flat on a couple of websites too.

I disagree, I think he is more than ready, can't do any worse than a struggling kimi. If kimi maintains the form he found again, then ill agree but it takes more than one good race. He held seb at bay and the Ferrari is a better car than the Williams not to mention seb also had fresher tyres. I think Bottas is a huge talent and a breath of fresh air for the sport. Better than Massa.

Last week they were going on about Hamilton to Ferrari, I would love to see Daniel Ricciardo in a merc, or in a better donkey than what his in at the moment, Red Bull aren't the team they once were that's for sure and it would be a crying shame to see such a talented racer in the peak of his career getting wasted on sub par machinery

And that's what I fear, he needs to make a move at the right time or I feel he will just be another driver with maximum potential but left it to late.

I think Bottas may replace Kimi in 2017. At the moment Kimi doesnt look like he is getting replaced and moreover Arrivabene found a liking to Kimi. Bottas doesnt look like a better talent than kimi IMO. He sometimes makes silly mistakes and sulks under pressure all the time. Barring last race he always sulked under pressure. Also we have to consider Vettel was not in his own last race. he made a hell a lot of mistakes.

Bottas has to prove a lot to get that seat. I feel Ricciardo is better than Bottas any day. If Ferrari are planning to sack KImi they should replace him with Ricciardo leaving his seat to Max Verstappen.

Yep I agree with that ajay, ricciardo is the best out there lol. Based of raw talent that is.

Ricciardo is the only person I would permit to take Raikkonen's seat and I might still watch the sport. Love to see him hand Vettel his arse again.

Lol permit, lmao, it would be nice to see his anus handed to him again with that bloody finger in it.

It's a shame no one gives him a fair go imo.

I think he is fast enough, just if its 2017 there might be more viable options like ricciardo for example.

Hulkenberg is fast enough, but unfortunately so far hasn't had the opportunity to perform on a front line team, and show his capabilities

Hulkenberg, yeah I was a huge fan of his when he was a Sauber driver, but his performances since Hungary last year have nose dived massively, and the way it's going, he may not have a ride next year at all, he has lost his way n Sergio is surging ahead, as much as I hate to say it, I sincerely hope he addresses his issues soon or else we could see another good driver turfed to the scrap heap, I hope for Nicos hope that I am wrong, but Daniel Ricciardo or even Romain Grosjean would make worthy replacements

Hasn't grosjean improoved over the last few seasons? Completly different driver than crash bandicoot we saw in the past.

But his quick too, his at his peak now Romain, I'm glad Lotus have given him a decent car this year, lotus must think, if they can tame Grosjean, they can tame anyone, hence y they hired Pastor, and 4 his $$$$$, but it hasn't worked so far, they might need to take pastor to where Alex Yoong went a few years ago n do driver training lol hahaha,

Bet my bottom dollar that it would be bianchi that would've landed the 2017 seat, guarantee it. Such a shame that story.

The fact is there is no-one in the drivers who can step up to a top team except Verstappen and Ricciardo.

Hulkenberg - No, not fast enough, doesnt stand out enough

Bottas - No, not fast enough, doesnt stand out enough

Moldanado - No, not fast enough, pay driver, crashes all the time

Grosjean - No, no fast enough, crashes all the time

Face facts, these drivers will never be in top teams. To get in the top echelon you need the x-factor. None of these drivers have it.

And there are no teams that need them either. Ferrari is fine. Mercedes is fine. McLaren might need someone next year but Ricciardo or Verstappen will be first pick.

Case closed.

Game over.

Yeah I guess your right to some degree, I personally think Bottas is plenty fast enough he showed that last year and hulk just hasn't had a fast enough car in the last couple of seasons but I do agree with ricciardo and Verstappen. Verstappen has stepped up to the plate magnificently. If Verstappen can get a decent car and start winning regularly he will easily be the most succesful driver of all time, he has a long long career ahead of him.