Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

New Livery For Mclaren

I think it looks better but there is already to many grey/silver cars out there mercedes,force india,mclaren and it would be confusing to those who dont know the sport that well. Why not return to the red and white? That's what everyone wants not to mention would look awesome. But that does look better than before its hard to say until we see it in different light contrast.

Ah Ron's already answered these questions:

We've got the same thing inside (McLaren)," he revealed. "You've got people who say 'Why don't we make it orange?', and I say, 'Why?' 'That was the old colour of McLaren', they reply.

"Why the hell do we want to go backwards?" he continued. "What do you do? Do you create an aesthetically pleasing design? For what purpose?

"This is the livery of McLaren," he insisted, "it's always been a combination of these colours, and it will only change for commercial reasons. It won't change just to make a few people in the company happier because they want it orange, or they want it yellow.

"We tried to put a bit more of our real colour, which is day-glo… fluorescent red is our colour. We've got more heritage in fluorescent red than any other colour. But again what I prefer to do is put a stylish design and as we evolve. It will be far more recognised if we suddenly come out with a light green car for the following reason, you'll all go, yeah they've got a big amount of money coming in."

When it was pointed out that the chrome colour of the car seemingly reflects previous partner Mercedes as opposed to new partner Honda, he snapped: "The car's got a minimal amount of mirroring on it, I wouldn't even call it silver.

"Yes we could change colour," he concluded, "yes we could do something more daring, we could all these things, but give me a reason why? And if it's just to be aesthetically more pleasing, that's not enough reason to me."

Some people don't like it, but if this car starts to win serious points no one will care how it looks!

Fast cars are beautiful, slow aren't!

I like i like, especially when it ends up in flames

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

You would love that, but it will not happen!

Ok, maybe it will!

I like i like, especially when it ends up in flames

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

And kimi would still get on the radio asking for help to get past a stationary car. Bwahahhahaha

Basically, its cr@p. Its too dark and lacks imagination or anything that makes it stand out. McLaren have always been my favoured team until they started hiring numskulls like Hamilton and Alonso and no-names like whoever the hell drove for them last year.

THESE are real McLaren designs. This silver thing is SEX ON WHEELS.

New%202006%20Team%20McLaren%20Mercedes%20Livery%20-%20Front%20Three%20Quarter.jpgtumblr_mamedzFK951rb2fzoo3_1280.jpg

All nice choices spiral but IMO they should have gone back to this:

B8xc3mnCYAEO9U0.jpg

Sponsors should like the color. Red and white was therw because of their sponsors marlboro I guess. Mclaren basically startwd with orange but ron is adamant he doesnt want to go back to that color. He says its going backwards.

Nevertheless I love the car. I feel its looks awesome

All nice choices spiral but IMO they should have gone back to this:

B8xc3mnCYAEO9U0.jpg

Yeah its also nice.

Sponsors should like the color. Red and white was therw because of their sponsors marlboro I guess. Mclaren basically startwd with orange but ron is adamant he doesnt want to go back to that color. He says its going backwards.

Nevertheless I love the car. I feel its looks awesome

WTF is he on about with Orange tho has he seen THIS???? They make the bl00dy thing under his office. An F1 car would look SICK in this colour.

McLaren-P11.jpg

What would make that car beautiful is Alonso driving it without a helmet!

That would be a beauty! ;)

lol, maybe.

Ask his boyfriend! WebRic is that his sex face?

Iam not sure, wernt you looking back when you were bitting hard on the pillow?

THESE are real McLaren designs. This silver thing is SEX ON WHEELS.

New%202006%20Team%20McLaren%20Mercedes%20Livery%20-%20Front%20Three%20Quarter.jpg

Ah the Darth Kimi car. Yes one of my all time favourites for design, as for reliability it was crap. Such a shame considering McLaren's 2005 car has to go down as one of the all time fastest rockets in F1 history. I was so hoping it would have been just as fast, only more reliable.

Kimi_Raikkonen_2006_test.jpg

That front wing though wub.png

I like the new McLaren colours. Yes I think they could have added more of their special blend of Orange, and not the red, but I like the black. I just hate they have no sponsors. It's been a couple of years now, something really isn't right, or Ron is holding out for some bigtime marquee sponsorship that will never arrive.

Won't help them one bit though. I still think Boullier is the wrong person for that team, and despite me agreeing that Whitmarsh had to go as TP, he should have been re-assigned. I'll always support Ron, but he seems to have lost his mojo so to speak.