Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Bad Sportsman Yet Again.

It has to be said. Lewis is an epic sore loser. I don't need to get stuck into him, it's only an observation, but some of the best sportsmen on the world, have shown just how great they are when they have lost. Think Roger Federer and Rafa. And then compare to Lewis and Ronaldo whose another great example. Pathetic. Circumstances matter not. You either have class or don't, and yet again Lewis did not fail to disappoint.

EDIT: Ok, +1 for Lewis. That's more like it. Even if I don't believe you, at least saying the right words of winning and losing as a team is the right way to go.

He is a sore looser but he did get ripped off, but yes he needs to learn to take it how it comes that's all about being professional.

Edit- lmao, how's Vettel "iam happy" ahahahahha, got a good sense of humour that boy.

Lots of drivers have had race wins taken away from them. Lewis himself smashed up the backside of Kimi some years ago in Canada which potentially cost a race win for Kimi.

It really doesn't matter what happened. His team has no intention to sabotage him. A mistake was made, another driver profited from it. You deal with it and move on. But Lewis simply does not have the ability to. It's like he's emotionally still an adolescent or teen.

For f**k sake Lewis stop this moping nonsense. You are not a team leader if you behave in this manner. Nico was reserved in his celebrations, I doubt you would have done the same. Total rubbish, I take that +1 back.

I don't blame him though, he put all that preperation into today, and out of his control, he lost the Grand Prix, so u dont blame him for showing his emotions, but I think it's good, let it out, show the world how much this race means to u and how badly u want to win, but yeah, it was extremely awkward the post race interview with Martin, u could sense both didn't want to be there, Martin did a brilliant job

I agree DD but at the end of the day he is a professional who gets paid bucket loads to do a job only we could dream about. Everyone knows he would be upset and dissappionted but you don't need to mope about, he should take a leaf out of fernandos book. He was hard done by for that penalty and took it on the chin and look at the positives that it didnt loose him a position but still felt robbed.

I've heard this argument about "emotions" to describe Ronaldo's abhorrently selfish behavior. Even being p**sed someone else in his own team scored. Seriously W... T... F... Be emotional, but stay professional. Kimi's radio comment about Ricci... "that wasn't very nice" was classic. Emotion and professional all in one. He could have called him a f'n w#nker, but didn't.

Lewis has no maturity and it's so blatantly obvious. As he's grown older, his maturity level has stayed the same as a child.

No on Sky they are saying, how can Lewis ever trust his pitwall again... umm because he has to unless he wants to get out and put his own tyres on. Twitter is blowing up about poor old Lewis. WebRic is right, these guys get paid insane amounts of money. In fact Lewis one of the highest paid sportsmen in the world. He just looks miserable to me most of the time. Makes you wonder why it's taken so long for him to re-sign with Merc.

It's easy for Alonso to be professional about his penalty today. It's not as though it cost him a win or a podium. And these new 5 second penalties are barely even a penalty. It use to be a stop and go meant you couldn't work on the car at all. Now today, they had the jacks under the car, the wheels all aligned ready to slide on. A slap on the wrist if even that.

Yeah true, but it was hardly a penalty though, he already had the move done on hulk, nico turned in on him, if anything dan should have had the penalty but it looks like dan saw an opening that kimi left and by the time kimi turned back in it was to late, he already committed to the move, both racing incidents IMO.

FIA Post Race Press Conference

“QUESTIONS FROM THE FLOOR

Q: (Ian Parkes – Autosport) Question for Lewis. First of all, can you gives us just some idea as to how you’re feeling right now. Obviously we see you’re very low, very down but just express in your own words how you’re feeling. And, secondly, when that Safety Car situation unfolded, did you not at all question whether to come in or not? Bearing in mind, regardless of the situation with the tyres, track position is ultimately king in Monaco.

LH: I can’t really express the way I feel at the moment. So I won’t even attempt to. You rely on the team. I saw a screen, it looked like the team was out and I thought that Nico had pitted. Obviously I couldn’t see the guys behind so I thought the guys behind were pitting. The team said to stay out, I said “these tyres are going to drop in temperature,” and what I was assuming was that these guys would be on Options and I was on the harder tyre. So, they said to pit. Without thinking I came in with full confidence that the others had done the same.”

Ah I see, so for all of Lewis sourpuss behaviour, he had a part to play in his own demise. Generally you get more of the truth right after an incident. Before the PR machine kicks in so to speak. Could it be that Merc had it right to begin with, but Diva Hamilton made a demand and they attempting to pacify him miscalculated the gap?

Possibly, but it's always a guessing game around there and whoever made the call, simply got it wrong. I like how nico admitted he got lucky though.

Lol looks like some one from boys 2 men in the 90s

Yes he did look like a right knob with that haircut. ESPECIALLY when he was constantly fluffing his mane during the podium national anthems. Disgraceful.

For once he's not wearing his garden hose gold chain in that pic. The only thing missing is a huge neck to foot fur coat. Surely he gets his fashion tips from Kanye? ... and or maybe the singer from Israel at EuroVision could lend him his Asterix golden sneakers.

WebRic, Lewis is not blameless in pitting. He was told to stay out. But he insisted on coming in stating he thought his tyres were going. And then upon exiting the pitlane, he said calmly, I've lost this havn't I !! No mention of him asking why they told him to pit, because he himself insisted on it. And Lewis is certailny one to complain or get grumpy on the radio if need be. The clues are right there in plain sight. Merc are taking far more of the blame than they should be, probably both to appease Lewis and his fans. It's also the mature thing to do as well. There's no harm in my view in apologising even if you were not to blame. I'm not saying this is all Lewis' fault, but he at the minimum must take 50% of the blame here. But this is Lewis. Since when has he ever put his hand up and taken blame for something?

I might add, Lewis is on record as saying he would question any commands from pitlane BEFORE this race even occured. Tinfoil hat time. Isn't this the same woe is me, the sky is falling Lewis that frumped around and finally left McLaren!? I think it is. Thus it's not the team(s) causing these issues, it's the unhappy person inside the race suit. Sort your life out off track and things will be more harmonious on track.

You know I havn't really ever seen Nico brat it out or whinge. He's pretty straightforward in his communicating. We've see Hamilton cry alot over the years, but i can't say I've seen the same for Nico. Classy Tweet he made too. A win is a win. He did nothing wrong, so he's earned it fair and square.

He had a bloody good sook after the Chinese race.

You know I havn't really ever seen Nico brat it out or whinge. He's pretty straightforward in his communicating. We've see Hamilton cry alot over the years, but i can't say I've seen the same for Nico. Classy Tweet he made too. A win is a win. He did nothing wrong, so he's earned it fair and square.

Well he came out a few weeks back moaning that Lewis slowed him down on purpose!

Ah yes I do remember that. But it also sounded like there was more to it than that. As in things agreed upon and discussed in team meetings. That's how I viewed the whole episode. Maybe a little Multi 21 perhaps.

Honestly there is a lot of b*llocks talked on this forum these days...

I defy any normal human being to be cheerful after driving their nuts off, then being called in and losing the advantage to your main competitors.

Would I be sulky too? Too bloody right.

And of course there is dialogue between him and the team - and the team should have told him to stay out as no-one else was coming in

All I can say is that Hammy has been the beneficiary of TEAM orders in the past MANY times, this time it happened to bite him in the ARSE.

There is NO I in the word TEAM !!!! something that Hammy should take note of

There is no I in team but there is in WIN. He had had a good run so far and to me he should have been a tad more professional, he acted like someone who has narrowly missed out on wins the whole season. But the fact is he has dominated, and yeah he won the race on merit but what if his engine went? Same deal. He was acting like mark webber when webber lost to seb in Malaysia 2013 but the difference there is that wins were far and few between for webber compared to every fortnight for lewis.