Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Schumi And Ferrari

I have been thinking about this and I wonder what you will say. If Michael was fit enough to replace Massa in 2009 do you think he still would have come back with Mercedes? Or do you think he would have came back with Ferrari and Ferrari keep Massa or do you think alonso still would have joined in 2010 to partner Schumi? Whats your thoughts on this?

I asked that question because I thought people here would be smart enough to answer it or have some idea, guess I was wrong.

I have been thinking about this and I wonder what you will say. If Michael was fit enough to replace Massa in 2009 do you think he still would have come back with Mercedes? Or do you think he would have came back with Ferrari and Ferrari keep Massa or do you think alonso still would have joined in 2010 to partner Schumi? Whats your thoughts on this?

No Ferrari for Schumacher. Remember how he left.

First, there is the issue of Kimi being a challenge. Imagine taking Alonso on. No way. Nothing to gain and so much to lose.

Second, Ferrari management essentially threw him out. It is their habit, btw, not something about Schumacher in particular.

Funny thing. I've just watched Brundle struggle in the ForceIndia. He's getting so old. If he didn't have the reflexes so trained in (and the commonsense of age), he would have crashed that F1. He sounded so confused, the poor fvck. Still, kind of cool to see the gizzard having a go at it. I like the guy.

Do you recall how he was attempting to return in 2009 to replace the injured Massa? But a bike injury that affected his neck hampered his comeback. Heck they even made "2009 schumi comeback" caps for sale at the monza race that year as it was so late when he pulled out. When he was testing the 2009 car he was already up to speed with Raikkonen's lap times so IMO if he was 100% when he was testing he could have possibly been quicker.

On Brundle, have a look at this where he is versing mark webber in the wet at silverstone in the Redbull, awesome footage.

Brundle is a legend (I might add a legend of broadcasting rather than f1), good on him for still squeezing into f1 cars at the age of 84.

On topic - if Schu had replaced Massa for the last few races of '09 he would've struggled. I say this because a) even Fisi looked useless in that car and b- Schu was hardly setting the world alight with Merc in 2010.

So I still think it would've been Alonso/Massa for 2010.

Brundle is a legend (I might add a legend of broadcasting rather than f1), good on him for still squeezing into f1 cars at the age of 84.

On topic - if Schu had replaced Massa for the last few races of '09 he would've struggled. I say this because a) even Fisi looked useless in that car and b- Schu was hardly setting the world alight with Merc in 2010.

I disagree only for the fact his testing times were right up there in the 2009 car and he wasnt even 100% fit. He was quick over short stints but a race distance he couldn't do due to his neck and that is all that stopped his comeback. Guess we will never know but one thing that makes me think he would have been quick is that most of the staff was still there that helped him to his titles so they would have worked night and day to help him fit back in. But anyway, I value your opinion.

That made me smile. Brundle must be in his 50's, buddy, not 80's.

I think Schumacher had already knocked his head hard by then. Those acquainted with concussions might argue that his problems started there.

That made me smile. Brundle must be in his 50's, buddy, not 80's.

I think Schumacher had already knocked his head hard by then. Those acquainted with concussions might argue that his problems started there.

Good point, one to concider.

Fisi was no chump, and yet he struggled badly in the 2009 Ferrari. He almost won Spa that year, so it's not as though he suddenly forgot how to drive. Good move by the Schu to not do his comeback then. But his unjury ruled him out anyway.

Fisi was no chump, and yet he struggled badly in the 2009 Ferrari. He almost won Spa that year, so it's not as though he suddenly forgot how to drive. Good move by the Schu to not do his comeback then. But his unjury ruled him out anyway.

So you don't think his 2009 testing times that matched kimis while he had the injury isn't anything to go by?

We're talking about Schu and Massa, and once again you bring Kimi into a conversation.

You should well know testing times are never a full indication, because teams even drivers in the same teams are quite often going for different goals.

This will be the last post and conversation I have about Kimi with you. At this point I'm pretty much certain you're trolling for the lolz. It doesn't matter the topic, you continually bring Kimi into it. And the most annoying part is you then claim to the world Kimi's fans are somehow behind it all. I guess that means you're a Kimi fan!

Well if you read my previous posts instead of dissecting what I was trying to say, it's not all about Massa, I should know, I made the damn thread. The reason I mentioned kimi is that people said Schumi wasn't fast enough and I said he was matching kimis testing times and he wasnt even 100% fit, that's all I said, I meant nothing bad about it. Sometimes I feel you purposely misinterpret my posts just to have a stab at me about kimi. Gee whiz just read the posts properly.

We're talking about Schu and Massa, and once again you bring Kimi into a conversation.

This will be the last post and conversation I have about Kimi with you. At this point I'm pretty much certain you're trolling for the lolz. It doesn't matter the topic, you continually bring Kimi into it. And the most annoying part is you then claim to the world Kimi's fans are somehow behind it all. I guess that means you're a Kimi fan!

I fully couldn't get my head around this either.

WebRic, it's certainly possible people can mis-read a post by anyone, myself included. But you purposefully are attempting to antagonise members on this forum and that's your choice if you choose to do so, but I won't be playing that game any more. You may have been trying to talk about Schu and Massa, but the angle of Kimi somehow magically appearing in many posts over and over isn't by accident. Your Sig title really doesn't help your case though and only portrays the notion you're here to rile up a certain drivers fans. The many posts about said driver only add to this notion.

WebRic, it's certainly possible people can mis-read a post by anyone, myself included. But you purposefully are attempting to antagonise members on this forum and that's your choice if you choose to do so, but I won't be playing that game any more. You may have been trying to talk about Schu and Massa, but the angle of Kimi somehow magically appearing in many posts over and over isn't by accident. Your Sig title really doesn't help your case though and only portrays the notion you're here to rile up a certain drivers fans. The many posts about said driver only add to this notion.

Fvck me dead iam only trying to rile up spiral as he does the same to me about alonso but since you agree with most his posts it's fine hey? Man talk about a joke going to far, I thought you would have picked up on that by now, I don't say harsh things, well I don't intend them to come accross that way. You obviously never see the posts about when I praise him do you? I was one of the first to congratulate him on what a fantastic drive he put in in Bahrain. If you want to be like that, your the same in defending him, I remember certain individuals were jumping for joy when he was fastest in testing, saying he is back to his old ways and i said exactly what you said monkey, testing times arnt that acurate but that didnt change the response at all. Now I mention kimi and Schumi with his testing times suddenly it does count. Wtf? Can't have it both ways and also to monkey if you don't skip posts and read what you want to read, you would have notice I tried to post a truce and end this so called fued but others still light the fire and there kimi fans themselves, oh and this is before your post on suggesting a "rebuttal". Like I've said plenty of times and ill say it again so I don't see a post like this in the future again, I tell it how it is,weather I like or hate the driver is irrelevant to what performance they put in. If they do well, ill say so but if they don't, ill say so also.

Fvck me dead iam only trying to rile up spiral as he does the same to me about alonso but since you agree with most his posts it's fine hey? Man talk about a joke going to far, I thought you would have picked up on that by now, I don't say harsh things, well I don't intend them to come accross that way. You obviously never see the posts about when I praise him do you? I was one of the first to congratulate him on what a fantastic drive he put in in Bahrain. If you want to be like that, your the same in defending him, I remember certain individuals were jumping for joy when he was fastest in testing, saying he is back to his old ways and i said exactly what you said monkey, testing times arnt that acurate but that didnt change the response at all. Now I mention kimi and Schumi with his testing times suddenly it does count. Wtf? Can't have it both ways and also to monkey if you don't skip posts and read what you want to read, you would have notice I tried to post a truce and end this so called fued but others still light the fire and there kimi fans themselves, oh and this is before your post on suggesting a "rebuttal". Like I've said plenty of times and ill say it again so I don't see a post like this in the future again, I tell it how it is,weather I like or hate the driver is irrelevant to what performance they put in. If they do well, ill say so but if they don't, ill say so also.

I get it.

What? The pension?

916.gif

Kanye-West-Shaking-Head-No.gif

I get it, for my disability, what have you got to say about that?

The question mark means your not to sure yourself hey?

Do you recall how he was attempting to return in 2009 to replace the injured Massa? But a bike injury that affected his neck hampered his comeback. Heck they even made "2009 schumi comeback" caps for sale at the monza race that year as it was so late when he pulled out. When he was testing the 2009 car he was already up to speed with Raikkonen's lap times so IMO if he was 100% when he was testing he could have possibly been quicker.

Schumacher never drove the F60, Ferrari sought permission to run him in the car and the request was blocked by the other teams, Ferrari ran him in a modified F2007 instead.

Schumacher never drove the F60, Ferrari sought permission to run him in the car and the request was blocked by the other teams, Ferrari ran him in a modified F2007 instead.

Yeah that is true, I forgot all about that but I just had a look in my "older" autosport mags and f1 mags and your absolutly correct. Teams were blowing up as the test would benefit them. Wasnt it the 2007 car running 2009 Bridgestone slicks?