Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Booooooooooooooooooooooring

I readily admit my attention during this still running Austrian GP took a massive dive when it "appeared" Alonso took Kimi out. Thus I was hoping for Vettel to do well. Figure a sticky wheel nut would then ruin his race.

I can't believe how boring this is. Is anyone here actually liking what they are watching? At least Nico looks like taking a win, but I can't remember the last time I was this bored watching a F1 race. I'd watch a MotoGP race before watching F1 now, and I've never liked watching the bikes.

Alonso didnt take kimi out, kimi last control (again) and collected alonso. Button said it was kimi who just wheel spun and over corrected and hit alonso dc said and I quote " kimi did the same thing as he did in Canada except he hit someone this time".

If it was wheelspin, then wow that sucks for the Kimster. But seeing his onboard footage, he looks fine then starts correcting and is off the track. It just looks weird to me, and seems like he did get shunted.

It's not Button's place to say what happened. From Alonso's body language, I got the feeling with him helping Kimi out of the car he played a part in the incident as well.

Button was right behind when it happened and said he had the best view. Alonso said he was up in the air and was worried about who was underneath him and was hoping he was ok. Kimi just lost it and button said its easy to do there as its a very low grip corner, plus tyres being cold wouldnt have helped. Lewis's body language looks like he is about to have another cry.

Oh bugger I would have liked to seen Lewis cry. I've already turned off stream and am now reading the GNR forums for some reason. IDKW I bother. I mean 71mins of new music in 20 years isn't much to be concerned about no matter how much I love CD.

Any good win for Nico. I now hope F1 keeps this up. The show is now utterly pathetic. It's a 5 tier category now. Merc in 1st, then the Ferrari's & Williams. STR and RBR. Then the other cars who aren't McLaren. The McLaren, and then the Manors.

I guess you don't fall out of love for a sport suddenly. I takes time, and lots of disappointment to lose interest. We're getting plenty of that.

Kimi just said he got wheel spin and no contact prior to that. Alonso also said he saw kimi sliding around and collected him. Either way it was a pretty boring race, ricciardo came alive at the end though and salvaged a point. Lmao Berger doing the podium interview and said to nico "you got a good start then you came into the pits and I though sh1t his right in the limit"

That's how I saw it from the limited footage I've seen. Kimi had wheelspin, but Alonso punted him off the track. Kimi's correcting from his onboard footage wasn't drastic at all, so it didn't look like he'd have gone off track. Rather it's speed and traction he lost, and thus Alonso going at a higher speed then hit him. I imagine no penalties for either.

Alonso didnt hit him, kimi hit alonso and how I see it is that alonso was expecting kimi to slow from sliding about and tried to pass but got collected up, it's going to get investigated but you can't punish either for that its a racing incident, kimi made a mistake and alonso had no where to go. If anything kimi got hit by a lotus but he has already said there was no contact and it was his fault. You missed Gerhard Berger, he was hilarious, lewis pulled him up on his enthusiasm. Berger was like " nico is keeping you honest and is closing the gap" and lewis cut him of and said "like your enthusiasm" so I don't know if lewis was being a smart a$$ or not.

I didnt even watch it and now Im not going to bother.

Yeah you will.

Yeah you will.

Nah Im serious. I watched the first lap this morning, saw Kimi crash. Stopped it, came here, saw it was boring again, deleted the file. Tweeted to @F1 that it all sucks and moved on with my life.

Spiral, there's always soccer! Thank goodness I have something else to watch sports wise that I enjoy tremendously. I used to HATE soccer and thought they were all a bunch of f@gs for flopping around, diving and pretending to be hurt. But I really like it now, at least when I'm watching Barca and other teams I support.

yep have to agree booooring big time. Even the GP2 race was booring, I almost fell asleep watching it and these races are usually very good...... must be the track or maybe I had a couple too many beers (hic)

If I do t watch motor racing I like the nba. Was a huge Michael Jordan fan in the day, still no player even today that matches his ability. Good to see an Aussie win in the nba finals this year.

Spiral, there's always soccer! Thank goodness I have something else to watch sports wise that I enjoy tremendously. I used to HATE soccer and thought they were all a bunch of f@gs for flopping around, diving and pretending to be hurt. But I really like it now, at least when I'm watching Barca and other teams I support.

Ive heard others say the same thing. hmmmm

It's a great track though, no doubt, it's just this turbo era, it's dog Sh#t, I had a early start n I was asleep by 9pm last night, I was too tired too, rather sleep than be dead tired the next day n the race wasn't even worth it

Ive heard others say the same thing. hmmmm

It helps if you pick a team and follow them. Kind of like supporting a driver I guess haha. I got into watching soccer about 2008, and visited Barcelona in 2009 and have been a big fan ever since. I don't watch too much, but follow the spanish league and of course UCL when there are games on tv. Otherwise it's media blackout time and I download the games. Trying to watch them over torrent is probably even worse than trying to watch F1 on stream.

It's a great track though, no doubt, it's just this turbo era, it's dog Sh#t, I had a early start n I was asleep by 9pm last night, I was too tired too, rather sleep than be dead tired the next day n the race wasn't even worth it

From the air the Austrian track is pretty good looking. I like the track too. But not even Spa gets me excited now. It used to be going flat out without lifting over Eau Rouge showed you had balls. Now they can do it one handed, tweeting and eating some Cheetos all at the same time.

These V6s have to go, and 2017 is too long to wait. It's not that I dislike the V6s, rather their configuration is ridiculous. Get rid of the ERS, up the RPMs massively and let the engine companies work and tinker on the damn things. Why is that so hard for Mercedes to get into their thick heads? I blame them for ruining this sport. They build a fantastic engine no doubt. Incredible even. But what's the point of F1 when no other team can compete. And more importantly, no other team can even get close until the rules change in 2017. That's utterly ridiculous. It's like rider in the Tour de France having a motor on their bike and all the others don't have one. And the guy with the motor keeps saying to the others, work harder, get your head down. It's not going to EVER happen. Thus I blame Merc for not allowing anything to be done at present.

And Todt! FU you little French toad. I love the French. I don't love you. Bring back Max I say. At least he made decisions. Todt doesn't appear to be doing anything. Seriously what has he done for the sport lately? He's a legend from his Ferrari days, but as the head of the FIA he's invisible and seems to not be doing anything.

I agree, it used to be the Max & Bernie show, now it's just the Bernie show, where's Jean? Why is he so quiet in a period of F1 where there's so much resentment and talk of changes? Stand up and take charge little man.

Certainly not the most thrilling race but at least it appears we have a genuine title fight!

He's a bureaucrat which is ok, but F1 needs a hands on man, and I mean NOW, YESTERDAY. Not in 2017. There won't be anymore fans left in 2017.

I keep coming back to the fairness of this. You have Merc with a fantastic engine basically f'king over everyone else because they know damn well 12 measly tokens for this year alone isn't going to make any difference. Thus they can just say no to any request and keep racking up the easy wins. The fans see through that BS. The playing field isn't level. You don't take a gun away from a soldier and then send him into battle against others who have guns do you. People want fairness. NO one wants to see Honda and Renault hurting like this. Well maybe Merc do, but surely they are not thus stupid.

I kind of didn't like Max back in the day, but I see now, him and Bernie were a damn good team. Basically like the Top Gear trio. Clarkson will always be the main guy, but the other two by themselves are a total bore. That's what Bernie and Todt are right now. But Bernie and Max were good for the sport.

Not only is Todt invisible, but Bernies powers have been screwed as well. He used to be in on the Concorde Agreements and all of that, now it seems he's only allowed to negotiate what race tracks we goto. I"ll gladly go back to Turkey, India, Korea if we can have proper fair rules that do allow teams to progress during the year.

This is a very interesting read, and I hope this is true.

Mood for immediate change growing in F1

The mood for immediate change in the increasingly-alarmed F1 paddock is growing.

Summing up the burgeoning crisis, McLaren team boss Eric Boullier told Spain's Marca: "Drivers are not happy, the public is noticing and they (the audience) are leaving F1."

Front and centre of the argument is Red Bull, who spent the entire weekend at the 'Red Bull Ring' insisting that the sport is spiralling towards the abyss.

"Bernie Ecclestone needs to get together with Jean Todt and do something," boss Christian Horner is quoted by the German news agency DPA.

"And as fast as possible. Formula one is running out of time."

F1 has, however, already acknowledged collectively that it has a problem and is discussing what drastic changes should be introduced for 2017.

"We have recognised the problem," Ferrari's Maurizio Arrivabene told Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, "but another thing is certain: We must not waste any more time."

Indeed, there is now a push to speed up the process and introduce radical changes not for 2017, but in 2016.

"The change in the cars should come as soon as possible," agreed Dr Helmut Marko. "If everyone wants it, already in 2016."

Ecclestone, the F1 supremo, is on board.

"We cannot wait and see," the 84-year-old told Salzburger Nachrichten newspaper, arguing that the complexity of the 'power units' is the biggest problem.

"We need something simpler."

Until now, F1 has baulked at simply scrapping the quiet and expensive turbo V6s, as it was said Mercedes would quit the sport in protest.

"If they (manufacturers) want to go, they will go," Ecclestone insisted.

He said that also applies to Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz, who is once again threatening to quit.

"He is in a position where he doesn't have to ask anyone," Ecclestone admitted.

"He is frustrated and that is understandable, because if he was in a position to do something about it, he would."

Honda is also grappling with the current rules, while Renault's problems are well known.

But Ecclestone said: "I am confident that no one is going to leave formula one."

Red Bull's Horner, however, thinks the current governance structure of the sport is clearly not working.

"Perhaps," he said, "we need an independent expert, and someone who is not involved in the championship. I don't know, but someone like Ross Brawn, who understands the business and the complexity.

"I don't think formula one can allow manufacturers of the likes of Renault and Honda to be in this situation. Honda's new president came to the race today and I do not think he was happy with what he saw," added Horner.

Give Merc the championship already and let's just end this year right now and fast forward to 2016. Because other than the prospect of Nico winning the WDC, who the F is still watching these races now?

I don't think the turbo v6 is the issue, it's the fuel flow regs. Remember when senna was fanging around Monaco in the 80s? That was a v6 turbo and it sounded amazing, it's just these fuel regs that down the engine so bad it's like it's in limp mode, get rid of the fuel regs to allow max rpm and that would solve the sound and the racing issue IMO.

I'm ok with the V6 turbos to stay if they get rid of KERS, ramp up the RPMS to 20K+ if teams want to, and yes get rid of fuel flow and all the fuel rules. Then they will scream once again. They would sound great, the cars would be awesomer and the show be better.

But F1 really needs to just cut it's loses and go back to NA V8s or V10s. Because I don't trust they would not F up on the V6's again, and the introduce some other lame part to the equation.

I am just wondering if it is the TRACK's that make this crap show even worse?

hat I mean is that they have stuffed the need for a driver to DIVE a corner because there is always some nicely paved and painted run off area to just drive around where in the past it was SAND.......

I'm ok with the V6 turbos to stay if they get rid of KERS, ramp up the RPMS to 20K+ if teams want to, and yes get rid of fuel flow and all the fuel rules. Then they will scream once again. They would sound great, the cars would be awesomer and the show be better.

But F1 really needs to just cut it's loses and go back to NA V8s or V10s. Because I don't trust they would not F up on the V6's again, and the introduce some other lame part to the equation.

That is true but I don't think the v6 is that bad IF they run the sport like they used to with the NA engines. We had turbo 6s before and it created some of the most historic racing in history.