Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Ferrari Make Bid For Bottas

Obviously they realize Kimi is the fastest driver on the grid, and this is to scare Vettel into actually performing for a change.

58630627-lol-reaction.gif

Will-Ferrell-Elf-You-Sit-on-a-Throne-of-Lies.gif

Not really a surprise for anyone is it?

Personally I reckon they've signed him already.

Not really a surprise for anyone is it?

Personally I reckon they've signed him already.

IMO if they are buying anyone out of a deal, why not ricciardo from his Redbull contract? He beat Vettel last year so atleast Ferrari would have to race winning drivers where as Bottas, although good, I don't think he will beat Vettel but you never know.

Kimi sucks so it doesnt surprise me.

giphy.gif

You feeling ok bro?

Botas is 5 points behind Kimi in the championship and it looks like he will pass him. I wonder what Ferrari is buying.

Botas is 5 points behind Kimi in the championship and it looks like he will pass him. I wonder what Ferrari is buying.

I think he will, not to mention the Williams is no where near the Ferrari in terms of race pace. Just look how fast Vettel closed in on Massa in Austria and Austria is a circuit Massa drives really well on, lucky for Massa that Vettel just ran out of laps, 1 or 2 more laps and he would have had Massa. Williams is in the best position here in terms of basically telling Ferrari what they want for Bottas, in turn they could have the spare change there to sign a big name.

I'll believe it when I see it on a more reputable website, but if it's true, then I'd be surprised if Kimi even sees out the year,

I'll believe it when I see it on a more reputable website, but if it's true, then I'd be surprised if Kimi even sees out the year,

I think it's already happened ndlv3.jpg

Make myself clear, it's just a simple joke ok guys. Lol

Glad you can see the funny side of it, no intention there but to get a laugh.

There saying, bottas to Ferrari n Nasr to Williams I've heard, be interesting for Williams to say the least, Massa n Nasr, not confusing at all, lol, but y are all these teams looking over Ricciardo n Hulkenberg though, they have the skills

I'd say Redbull would want to much for Ferrari to buy out contract and possibly hulkenbergs commitment to endurance racing now might make teams question his availability and dedication. That's what I make out of it otherwise you would think they would take either ricciardo or Hulkenberg.

I don't think so, he went to Le Mans to win it and to remind everyone of his driving ability, because he was lost to the midfield, n now he has put in 2 very strong drives since, I think he did himself a smart thing, if Ferrari told him to take the 2nd seat but to give up on Le Mans, he will do it in a flash, Formula One is his number 1 priority

I don't think so, he went to Le Mans to win it and to remind everyone of his driving ability, because he was lost to the midfield, n now he has put in 2 very strong drives since, I think he did himself a smart thing, if Ferrari told him to take the 2nd seat but to give up on Le Mans, he will do it in a flash, Formula One is his number 1 priority

true, maybe it's that they don't want two German drivers in an Italian team perhaps.

I think Bottas might be signed already too. Arrivabene has been mentioning that things are still in Kimi's hands and it's up to him. But he also said a few months back that he wanted Kimi to perform before re-signing him, insinuating he was openly going with the carrot approach. The pessimist inside of me thinks no matter how good Kimi might do in the remaining races, they will replace him anyway. Thus hollow words by saying it's still up to Kimi. The optimist believes Kimi can do it, and that Bottas hasn't been signed.

Honestly I don't see Bottas beating Vettel. Thus they are essentially replacing one Finn for another and might get the same results. I would still like Kimi to be here next year, and then he can retire with Bottas coming in to replace him. Then he can focus on racing and not bother with contracts anymore.

[quote name='KoolMonkey' timestamp='1435483034' post='371631']
I think Bottas might be signed already too. Arrivabene has been mentioning that things are still in Kimi's hands and it's up to him. But he also said a few months back that he wanted Kimi to perform before re-signing him, insinuating he was openly going with the carrot approach. The pessimist inside of me thinks no matter how good Kimi might do in the remaining races, they will replace him anyway. Thus hollow words by saying it's still up to Kimi. The optimist believes Kimi can do it, and that Bottas hasn't been signed.

Honestly I don't see Bottas beating Vettel. Thus they are essentially replacing one Finn for another and might get the same results. I would still like Kimi to be here next year, and then he can retire with Bottas coming in to replace him. Then he can focus on racing and not bother with contracts anymore.
[/quote]

It's hard to say because how many years was Massa getting the boot before he finally did? It's really hard to say because if Ferrari want to make a serious crack at the title next year, they should keep kimi but in saying that, he isn't really performing, so is Bottas really going to do much better? Maybe, maybe not, it's so so hard to predict. The thing that makes me think Bottas had already been signed is that arrivabene said his Austria accident doesn't affect the decision, is that because its already been made?

I don't know where, but I'm pretty sure I saw a reference to Arrivabene talking about Silverstone and Monza. That's four races with Spa being in the mix. Spa being a track Kimi has dominated in the past. Thus what happened in Montreal was shown to not be Kimi's fault, despite Arrivabene prematurely blaming him.

Something feels not quite right with Arrivabene for me. It's like he knows he's not going to be there in the long run, so whatever decisions are made are all for the here and now. I still want to know why they drop kicked Mattiachi. He got tossed out of the Ferrari family completely. James Allen has inferred it had something to do with off track stuff, but nothing more than that. At any rate, Arrivabene just makes me nervous. He was glowing of Kimi only a few months ago, and now, he's so quick to squash him. That's honestly not the type of person needed to running any F1 team in my view.

So if Austria doesn't affect the decision, then it's already been made, or it just means the decision will be made between Silvertone and Monza. They already know they can get Bottas anyway. I mean where else is he going to go at this point? No where. Thus it would then come down to haggling his buyout price because he is after all still under contract with Williams for next year.

I don't know where, but I'm pretty sure I saw a reference to Arrivabene talking about Silverstone and Monza. That's four races with Spa being in the mix. Spa being a track Kimi has dominated in the past. Thus what happened in Montreal was shown to not be Kimi's fault, despite Arrivabene prematurely blaming him.

Something feels not quite right with Arrivabene for me. It's like he knows he's not going to be there in the long run, so whatever decisions are made are all for the here and now. I still want to know why they drop kicked Mattiachi. He got tossed out of the Ferrari family completely. James Allen has inferred it had something to do with off track stuff, but nothing more than that. At any rate, Arrivabene just makes me nervous. He was glowing of Kimi only a few months ago, and now, he's so quick to squash him. That's honestly not the type of person needed to running any F1 team in my view.

So if Austria doesn't affect the decision, then it's already been made, or it just means the decision will be made between Silvertone and Monza. They already know they can get Bottas anyway. I mean where else is he going to go at this point? No where. Thus it would then come down to haggling his buyout price because he is after all still under contract with Williams for next year.

Agree. I just hope it's not going to drag on like Mclaren did announcing there lineup, that was shocking and concidering they spent that long "evaluating" who would drive for them, the time could have been better spent on there car.

Kimi wouldn't wait around if that was the case. He's not going to pull a Button and cling on for dear life for one more year of F1. He might not even race again in any series, who knows, he's got a young family and plenty of time to do whatever he wants at this point. From a fans perspective, you never want to see someone you support leave the game before they themselves want to. Thus if Kimi wants one more year, so do I.