Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

These New Concept Cars Are Awesome, Bring Them On.

Yeah there is alot if discussion about this on the other f1 forum iam on. IMO it's not an f1 car with a closed c#ckpit.

I dont care about closed c#ckpits.

It would certainly help from an aero point of view though, but then they need wipers for rain or they just don't race in the rain anymore like NASCAR. They red flag races anyway now with any type of moisture on the circuit anyway. Long gone are races like Spain 96, Monaco 97,spa 98.

Although those cars look cool, F1 is open-wheeled and open-c#ckpit, always has been. If we move away from that then we might as well just give them all DTM cars

Although those cars look cool, F1 is open-wheeled and open-c#ckpit, always has been. If we move away from that then we might as well just give them all DTM cars

Exactly. If we loose the open c#ckpit and its still in the shape the sport is now, we have truly lost any authenticity this sport has, even though were close now but it would just be the nail in the coffin.

I like the ideas and designs, but even the beautiful closed c#ckpit drawing in my sig is something I hope to never see in F1. If we go that route, we might as well just rebrand the Le Mans cars then.

F1 is open wheeled. We've lost basically everything else now. The looks, the sound, the speed. So it would not surprise me if some idiot, or Todt, or some other idiot campaigns for them. I can just see the headlines now with the lie that it's what the fans want! Pfff.

I would however love to see these mockups as Garage 56th entries at Le Mans though. Now that would be cool as heck.

I like the ideas and designs, but even the beautiful closed c#ckpit drawing in my sig is something I hope to never see in F1. If we go that route, we might as well just rebrand the Le Mans cars then.

F1 is open wheeled. We've lost basically everything else now. The looks, the sound, the speed. So it would not surprise me if some idiot, or Todt, or some other idiot campaigns for them. I can just see the headlines now with the lie that it's what the fans want! Pfff.

I would however love to see these mockups as Garage 56th entries at Le Mans though. Now that would be cool as heck.

Now that's an awesome idea, closed c#ckpit f1's for Le Mans, that would be sick.

I'd still love to put all 20 of them in 1980's V12 monsters and see who the best ones really are.